Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

new front speaker install > need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 06:48 AM
jordzilla
Unregistered
Default new front speaker install > need help

Hi Guy's

Well i just bought myself a 1995 honda accord vtis and am loving the car, my frist honda and very happy.

I am installing a new stereo at the moment and have installed the rear speakers and the head unit, however i cannot figure out how to get the front door panels off to install new speakers at the front, any ideas? thanks

Old 03-24-2008, 12:00 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: new front speaker install > need help

I'm not sure about your year, but there is most likely a screw covered with a plastic piece in the handle and also behind the release lever. after you take the screws out, you need to unhook the release lever by sliding it toward the front of the door and unhooking the plastic clip from the metal rod and lifting the rod. The door handle should come out, so unhook the electrical connectors and there should be a larger screw underneath that has to come out too. The rest of the panel is held on by plastic clips. Carefully slide your hand under the panel and they should pop free pretty easily. .... oh yeah, remove the triangle piece near the sideview first.

Make sure that you unhook any wires or small bulbs when removing the panel.That's it! If these directions are not exact for your car, I'd expect them to at least be very close.