Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

New Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 08:53 PM
Default RE: New Speakers

At that low a price point, theres not going to be much difference between them. Theyre all going to be basic and average.

Old 05-11-2008, 10:11 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Theyll be better than stock though right? The Pioneers. Still debating though.

Also, for speakers that cantake roughly 200watts rms will they sound horrible if they only get like 25 watts? Or will thesound fine like any other speaker.

Old 05-11-2008, 11:13 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

My Pioneers can handle 240W rms and I'm only powering them from my deck, they get quite loud, but no distortion. I think you'll be fine.

Old 05-11-2008, 11:42 PM

If your not going to amp them then you need efficient speakers, look for 90db+ sensitivity. The closer you get to the rated power and the more efficient they are they better it will sound. If you give a speaker rated for 80w with a sensitivity of 89, 25 watts it will sound weak and muffled. But like Macleod said in this price range there aren't going to be any extravagant differences.

Old 05-12-2008, 12:53 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Alright, thanks for your help guys.

Since you guys are obviously pros with audio (I appreciate the help) which of the three do you think would be the best of the listed above?

Pioneers
Kenwoods
Audiobahns

Once I know, I am gonna grab em. Thanks.

Old 05-12-2008, 01:48 AM

Of those the Pioneer defiantly. They have a rating of 25watts RMS and a sensitivity of 91 so thats what your looking for if your not going to amp them. Audiobahns and Volfenhags build quality is really sub par, they're all for show as my buddy says. They will defiantly sound better than stock, if you have never really heard a good system setup properly you will be satisfied.

Old 05-12-2008, 05:50 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Thanks man!
One more question though.

Are those Pioneers better than my Lightning Audios that I have now? $40 ones. I think they are pretty crappy.

Old 05-12-2008, 06:55 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I just purchased them!
Ill be ordering a set of 6x9's probably later tonight.
Might just get another set of Pionners for the rears.

EDIT:
Just realiized my door speakers are 6 1/2. Are 5 1/4 oks, or am I missing something I could have had w/ the 6 1/2s?

Old 05-13-2008, 10:24 AM

You will be fine, but you will need a baffle (I suggest one made of MDF) to compensate for the larger opening. You can make one yourself by tracing the stock plastic baffle. When you are done, make sure the baffle is sealed to the door (get some sound deadener, and cover the gaps). With 6.5's, you'll have more midbass and with 5.25's you'll have more midrange. IMO, it would be easier to go with the 6.5's if you still haven't bought them yet.

Old 05-13-2008, 11:24 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Thanks!

I already purchased them...darn.

I have a couple sheets of sound deadner from Scosche. My plan is to buy some adapter plates from Best Buy (if they arent a complete rip off), secure the adapter, cover it with the sheet of sound deadener then cut out the hole for the speaker.

Because I have subs, I am guessing it actually is better that I have speakers for more midrange.

Quick Reply: New Speakers