Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

NO SOUND OUT OF MY SPEAKERS?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 04:39 AM
Maniac
Unregistered
Default NO SOUND OUT OF MY SPEAKERS?

Ok here goes, I recently bought a pair of 6 1/2" 90 watt peak speakers for the back of my car (94 LX with stock Am/FM tape player). I am currently just using the back speakers since my front speakers are blown.

For some weird reason when I turn on the radio there is no sound until like 5 or 10 min later, that is when I hear my speakers sort of pop and I'm finally able to listen to music. After listening to the radio for a while my speakers die off with some crakling sound and I'm no longer able to listen to music, but when I change the stations I can hear the little beep sound that if makes when I change the stations out of my back speakers.

That means that my speakers are still working, right?

I'm just assuming this, but I don't think a tape player is related to the radio since you don't need some type of frequency (AM,FM) to be able to listen to a tape. So I plug my Ipod to some tape gadget (I have one of those tapes that you can connect to a portable cd player but I connect it to my Ipod) and still no sound.

What could be the problem?

Do you think that my radio/tape player is pushing too much power to those speakers (2 working speakers) therefore shutting them off?

I have no idea how to remove the tape player since it doesn't seem to have any screws(want to check harness). I have tried tugging on it, but it doesn't seem to budge. I have checked for grounding but all seems good.

What should I do?

[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 05-30-2006, 03:01 PM
Default RE: NO SOUND OUT OF MY SPEAKERS?

Welcome to the forum! It sounds to me like it's a pre-amp issue in the deck itself. Like the amp isn't coming on until it warms up or something then perhaps it overheats.... that pop noise is what you would normally hear from a cheap aftermarket amp when it turns on... From what you've said it sounds like it's the deck.... I'm assuming in this that everything is pretty much stock except the speakers?

Old 05-30-2006, 03:27 PM
Maniac
Unregistered
Default RE: NO SOUND OUT OF MY SPEAKERS?

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

Welcome to the forum! It sounds to me like it's a pre-amp issue in the deck itself. Like the amp isn't coming on until it warms up or something then perhaps it overheats.... that pop noise is what you would normally hear from a cheap aftermarket amp when it turns on... From what you've said it sounds like it's the deck.... I'm assuming in this that everything is pretty much stock except the speakers?
[sm=exactly.gif]

Everything is stock except for those 2 speakers.

well the pop noise comes out of my speakers just when it decides to actually work and play music.