Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Radio works, but no sound from speakers! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 01:10 AM
Default Radio works, but no sound from speakers! Help!

I have a 93 Accord SE with the Bose sound system. At first, the display went out on the radio, but it still tuned stations and I could use my presets to listen to what I wanted to. Finally, it totally stopped working and there was no sound from the speakers. I figured the radio finally just gave it up. So, I went and bought a new JVC radio. I wired it all up and it appears to be working just fine, but there is still no sound from the speakers. Is there some sort of internal amp somewhere? If there is, can I just bypass it? Anybody ever seen this problem before? Thanks!
Matt

Old 05-11-2008, 01:13 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: Radio works, but no sound from speakers! Help!

Hmmm....if I remember correctly, with Bose sound systems you have to rewire the whole sound system if you get a new headunit.
I didnt know Accords had em.

Old 05-11-2008, 01:42 PM

Thanks for the reply! This Accord does have the Bose sound system from the factory. I've been reading online and see that I need an adapter since each speaker is powered by its own amp. Crutchfield sells the adapter for $40. Here is a link to it...
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-NjSUiWq...px?I=142C4HA02

Anyways, I still have some questions. With the new head unit and no adapter, wouldn't I still get some sound from the speakers? Or would I just get no sound at all? With my Bose radio, I wasn't getting any sound from the speakers. But that head unit is obviously defective. Thanks for any more info you guys might have!

Old 05-12-2008, 09:03 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

When I was in HS, I salvaged a pair of Bose speakers with enclosures from an Eldorado in a junkyard. They had internal amps, but after I cut the amp out, the speakers worked fine. I had to open the speaker and physically remove the amp.