Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Please help me find a good sound system (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/please-help-me-find-good-sound-system-57469/)

pguerrero1316 12-11-2013 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by neophyte (Post 336951)
and I just remembered seeing this. do not mount the amps upside down. they will overheat and you will burn them up. the heat sink is on top of the board because heat rises. this allows the heat to disipate. if you mount them upside down you trap the heat inside.

I understand now. I think i'll just do it how you did it. So i understand the LOC now, but to clarify. I'm tapping into the OEM stereo harness that has the speaker wires. I'm just tapping into them right? Also, is the output for the RCA's labeled for which one is front and rear speakers.

One thing I didn't even think about. How am i going to connect the speakers to the 4 channel amp.

neophyte 12-11-2013 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by pguerrero1316 (Post 337033)
I understand now. I think i'll just do it how you did it. So i understand the LOC now, but to clarify. I'm tapping into the OEM stereo harness that has the speaker wires
correct
. I'm just tapping into them right? Also, is the output for the RCA's labeled for which one is front and rear speakers.
they are left and right. they will not be specifically labled. just when you get the amp hooked up fade left and right and make sure they work correctly, if not switch the rca's at the amp.

One thing I didn't even think about. How am i going to connect the speakers to the 4 channel amp.
I just thought about that as well. if you want to fade front to rear you will need another loc. one for the front one for the rear. or you can use a splitter. I am going to look at the amp specs. my amp can split the channels off of one set of rca's but I cant fade front to back on the stereo that way.

in blue

after looking, your options are:
add an aditional loc to the rear channels to maintain the front to rear fade.
or
get some female to 2 male y splitters and split the signal from the front right to both front and rear right, and the front left to both front and rear left. you will loose your fade ability. I rarely use fade. for your soundstaging you want most of your power up front. you can set the gain low on the rear and achieve similar results.
or
add the eq. the eq will give you one in, three out on the rca's. it will also allow for adjustability across the bands, fade front to back and left to right. it will yeild the best results, but is considerably more pricey and more work to make it look good.

cost is gonna be a little higher with the extra loc but not much. if you have not yet put your dash back together work is gonna be about the same.
in order to add another loc you will need another loc and another set of rca cables.
if you go with the splitters you just need the splitters.

pguerrero1316 12-12-2013 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by neophyte (Post 336926)
hope that helps. let me know if you need help designing a ported box. you want to get your tunning right so you dont blow any subs.

How can i ground the black cable?

What wire do i use for the remote wire?

neophyte 12-12-2013 05:39 PM

clean a piece of metal in the dash with some sand paper. attach an eye connector on the wire. drill a small whole and but a bolt with a nut to connect it to the metal. there should be some bracing running in the dash that will work well enough.

the remote wire is an output signal from the loc. so you will run a wire from it to the amp. a piece of 14 awg wire should work. you can pick it up at a local parts stor for cheap.

pguerrero1316 12-12-2013 06:54 PM

Okay cool. It's makes sense now. I understand how to LOC outputs two kinds of rcas for the 4 channel amp but what RCA do I connect to the mono amp? And about the speakers in the front, where is the wire that I should split?

neophyte 12-12-2013 07:46 PM

the amp has a summed pre-out. you can use a short set of rcas to run from the alpine amp to the other.

I am not sure what you are asking about when you say what wires should you split.

pguerrero1316 12-12-2013 09:11 PM

I don't want to lose my fade ability. What LOC do you recommend?

And where would i put it, and to what does it connect to? I know the first LOC i put in changes the signals for all of the speakers, so what am i going to do from there?

Does this take care of connecting the speakers to the 4 channel amp.

neophyte 12-12-2013 10:31 PM

oh, I was thinking I had told you a different loc. that one will take care of what you need without the need of a second loc and you can keep your fade. it has front and rear built in one. according to crutchfield they should be marked on the rca outs. lf= left front. rf= right front, lr=left rear, rr= right rear.

then from the alpine amp you can run to the other amp.

sorry if I confused you. I was mistaken.

just to clarify.
you connected all you high level outputs to that loc. you should be able to run two rca cables to the trunk from that loc. one set for front speakers, one set for rear speakers. this will send signal for all speakers and allow you to keep all factory functions. then from the alpine amp you have a set of preouts. you can run an rca from those preouts to the second amp. and this should give you a signal for your sub.

again, so sorry for any confusion. I was thinking I had just listed a two channel loc.

pguerrero1316 12-12-2013 10:52 PM

So I don't need to run cables from the alpine amp to the speakers?

neophyte 12-12-2013 11:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
you will have to run the rca's to the amp. and then run speaker wire from the amp to the speakers.

Hopefully this helps. (I forgot the remote, just run it same path as the RCA's)
https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...ine=1386914386

and the locations for amps are for drawing space they do not have to be opposite sides of the trunk like that.

I can also remove layers and do it just one step at a time if it would help. just let me know.