Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Please help me find a good sound system (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/please-help-me-find-good-sound-system-57469/)

pguerrero1316 12-12-2013 11:29 PM

What's the speaker wire look like and how do I connect it? Also, is it bad if I run the speaker wire next to the power wire? I don't want to mess with the currents.

neophyte 12-13-2013 12:15 AM

2 Attachment(s)
https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...ine=1386915346
It will look something like that. it will be two wires stuck together. on the amp side you will strip a bit back and tighten the copper down under the plate. on the speaker end you will need some speaker quick disconnects. you can grab them at walmart or any parts store.
https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...ine=1386915346
it will connect on the post of the speaker.

the wire will be marked. it will have a stripe on one wire or something to that extent. you may have to pick up some more. I dont know how much was included in the kit but the accords are not small cars. you can get more at lowes if you need it. make sure that you connect the wire from the positive on the amp to the positve on the speaker, otherwise you will get cancellation from speakers being out of phase.

as far as a current field causing noise, the chances are that you will not run into any of that. Keep the RCA's opposite side just in case, but over the speaker wire, chances are slim. The electrical environement of the car is so hostile that avoiding all electrical fields would be impossible. but nothing in the car should bleed into another line. there shouldnt be that much current. if you get a loop is more likely a grounding issue.

pguerrero1316 12-13-2013 12:20 AM

And where do I find this speaker wire? Is it the same wire that connects to the speakers itself, because I bought a harness from crutchfield to connect my speakers in.

neophyte 12-13-2013 12:24 AM

no. you will have to run the wire. factory wire is not really sufficient to run aftermarket equipment. you will not need those harnesses you got from crutchfield. those are for if you are not using an amplifier or if you are going to connect the factory wiring into the amplifier. you dont want to do the later as the amount of work to do that is rediculous, and like I said the wiring is not sufficient.

pguerrero1316 12-13-2013 12:35 AM

So to clarify, I disconnect the factory speakers from the harness. I take out the factory speakers and leave the harness hanging with the quick disconnects. I put in the new speakers. I run speaker wire from the amp to the speaker. Did I get it right?

Also, the speakers on the back have a positive and negative connector. How do I know which side of the speaker wire is positive and negative?

Positive to negative and negative to positive, right?

neophyte 12-13-2013 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by pguerrero1316 (Post 337145)
So to clarify, I disconnect the factory speakers from the harness. I take out the factory speakers and leave the harness hanging with the quick disconnects. I put in the new speakers. I run speaker wire from the amp to the speaker. Did I get it right?
that is correct
Also, the speakers on the back have a positive and negative connector. How do I know which side of the speaker wire is positive and negative?
The wire has no polarity so from end to end it doesnt matter. but you do want to make sure which ever wire you connect to the positive on the amp you hook to the positive on the speaker.

Positive to positive and negative tonegative

hope that helps.

pguerrero1316 12-13-2013 03:16 PM

So I understand that from amp to speakers, positive to positive and negative to negative. From sub to amp, positive to negative? I don't understand where it is positive to positive, negative to negative or positive to negative and negative to positive. Can you tell me which connections are of same polarity and different polarity?

neophyte 12-13-2013 07:46 PM

If you are talkin abou on the door speakers. This have him in crossover so on side will have the label twt under it. Those go to the tweeter. I can explain about wireing in series and parallel. But I am on my phone right nowi will have t do it when I get to a comp

pguerrero1316 12-13-2013 09:23 PM

I understand where to connect the tweeters. I'm saying, when do I connect positive to positive and negative to negative. Do I do same polarities for the LOC, or opposite polarities?

keep_hope_alive 12-14-2013 01:30 AM

none of the connections will be opposite polarity. the only reason to reverse polarity is to reverse electrical phase to correct for acoustical phase issues.

for now, just stick with (+) to (+) and (-) to (-) on all connections.