Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

q-form kickpanels in an 07?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 09:56 AM
RevPimp
Unregistered
Default q-form kickpanels in an 07?

Hey everybody, first post here. Just got an 07 ex v6 sedan and I'm going to be putting all of my stereo equipment from my old car (95 accord) into my new one. I have a Focal 3-way comp set that I want to install in the same manner that it was before (6.5 in stock door location, mid and tweet in kickpanels). It looks like getting the 6.5 in won't be too much of an issue since I should just be able to reuse the spacer that I currently have. My real question is about the q-forms. I had them in my 95 and they worked pretty well, but has anyone installed these in a seventh gen accord? The ones for the seventh gen come with a "hood release relocation bracket" which is what's making me nervous, especially since the only pictures I've been able to find only show the passenger side. Anywho, sorry for the longwinded post, but if anyone has any experience and/or pictures with/of these, that would be great.
Thanks!

Old 11-08-2007, 06:08 PM
Default RE: q-form kickpanels in an 07?

Good luck on fitting those midbasses. Depth is going to be an issue as is the stupid tiny hole they put in there for the stock speaker but if you dont mind a little cutting you should be ok.

The Q Forms will work well but will eat up a lot of leg room. Im a pretty big dude and cant give up any so theyre out for me.

A hood release is not a super techincal thing so I would assume the Q forms braket will work just fine.

One tip, buy a Dynamat Wedge Pack. This will be enough to apply 2 layers to the inside of the Qforms and will make them about 100 times more rigid.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:00 AM
RevPimp
Unregistered

Thanks for the feedback. I have some dynamat set aside for just that purpose! I did the same thing in my last set and it definitely made them much more sturdy.
I guess I'll just go ahead with the q-forms. My main concern was just how they would look with the hood release moved and if it would stick out or otherwise look crappy. I guess it wouldn't be any crappier looking than the q-forms themselves.[sm=smiley36.gif]
When I get everything in, I'll post some pics so people can see what they look like.
I think I should be able to fit the midbass in without too much trouble. My old car had clearence issues as well, and the spacer was all I needed, so it should do the trick here, too. (/wishful thinking)

Old 11-09-2007, 10:41 PM

You can also slap some modeling clay on the backs of them as well. My Qforms in my old Dodge Ram had 2 layers of Dynamat and 10 pounds of modelling clay in each kick. Very sturdy!

Plus the clay will help absorb and dampen reflections.