Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Q's about deck replacement in 03 accord

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 10:31 AM
Default Q's about deck replacement in 03 accord

i just picked up an 03 accord coupe. i have a pioneer deh-9800bt want to put in. are there any features integrated into the stock deck that i will lose if i replace it? anyone know how easy it is to do or have a tutorial? im nervous about workin on a new car. they integrate so much technical crap in the dash these days

Old 07-02-2007, 01:10 PM
drewdin
Unregistered
Default RE: Q's about deck replacement in 03 accord

I have been looking to do the same thing for my car, if you buy a radio from crutchfield they will supply you with instructions on how to remove the factory deck. Although you will lose some functionality like the stering wheel remote and if you have dual zone climate control, it will make it single zone.

Old 07-02-2007, 02:06 PM

if your willing to pay the ca$h scoshe makes modules that will maintain most of the factory stuff like steering wheel controls

Old 07-02-2007, 04:51 PM

really? where can i find one of those units? ill pay whatever, i just dont wanna lose the dual zone climate control or any safety features. i dont really care about steering wheel remote, but if itll work, wonderful. i google it and couldnt find anything. cruthfields unit only has 1 zone climate control...

Old 07-02-2007, 05:10 PM

are u sure it will include dual zone climate control? the more i read, the more im finding people who just had to mount a deck in the center console. its not lookin to good

Old 07-02-2007, 09:34 PM

ive done the ones for steering wheel controls, and im not positive about the dual zone but if anyone makes it it would probably be scosche

Old 07-02-2007, 10:08 PM

does your accord have the pocket under the ac?

Old 07-02-2007, 10:16 PM

before they made a kit for that car we put after market radios where that pocket is, but i dont remember if the dual zone stayed intact, but i also dont see why it wouldnt

http://www.installer.com/item/displa...php?it=99-7862

this is an example of what we used

Old 07-03-2007, 02:26 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

It would be nice if they would make a solid double din kit.

Old 07-04-2007, 06:06 PM

ORIGINAL: bbyaccord02

before they made a kit for that car we put after market radios where that pocket is, but i dont remember if the dual zone stayed intact, but i also dont see why it wouldnt

http://www.installer.com/item/displa...php?it=99-7862

this is an example of what we used
ok, but that doesnt include any climate control. isnt the climate control and radio 1 unit? and the display for the climate control is on the screen for the stock radio. so i just dont see removing the stock unit as an option.

my accord does have a pocket in the console thats pretty decent sized. and thats where i been seeing aftermarket units installed. looks like thats what i gotta do. anyone done that b4?

Quick Reply: Q's about deck replacement in 03 accord