Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Q's about deck replacement in 03 accord

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 08:32 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Q's about deck replacement in 03 accord

there is a member on here who was knowledge of this, but I cant think of the handle off hand. have you searched?

Old 07-04-2007, 11:40 PM

quick question, any reason you wanna put that radio in (subs, ipod control, etc.)?

Old 07-05-2007, 12:02 AM

ive also been doing a little research and if honda makes a factory cd/mp3 player that can be added where that pocket is and connected to the in dashwith a bus cable, then maybe there is a cable you can hook your pioneer through... no luck finding one yet, and i also have a few more ideas, but im gonna consult with some installer buddies i have to make sure there not too outrageous

Old 07-08-2007, 11:56 AM

ORIGINAL: bbyaccord02

quick question, any reason you wanna put that radio in (subs, ipod control, etc.)?
all the above. im quite the audiophile. i have a pioneer 9800bt head unit that interfaces with my 30gig ipod. mb quart premium components all around running off an orion 500.4 and 2 L7's running off a usamps merlin md2. i just cant take crappy stock radios, they sound like ****.

Old 07-08-2007, 11:59 AM

speaking of which, im trying to figure something out for a sub box. i need between 2.5-3 cubes per sub, and i want it tuned around 38hz. i want it open to the back seats. the only thing i can think of now is glassin 2 boxes into the corners of the trunk, but thats a project and a half that i just dont have the time for. i dunno if theres some way i can fit a wood box in...

Old 07-08-2007, 12:23 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

There is no dual climate control kit, the only ones that exsit convert the dual to single zone. If you want to keep your dual cliamte control you need to go withthis kit.

Old 07-08-2007, 10:12 PM

okay so ive been pondering your situation and one day deep in thought i consulted the opinion of a fellow installer. he used to do a lot of custom stuff in alot of famous peoples cars. he suggested something another installer discovered not too long ago, be forewarned ive had no time to research this but it should work. there is supposedly a way to convert one of the disk into an auxilary. which means you could install a aftermarket stereo in the pocket and run power to it from the fuse box and battery, and also run it to the auxilary in the factory radio. basically giving you two stereos in the car. it may be expensive and you may wanna talk to another professional. but if you truly want the radio and the dual zone i think this may be the only option.

Old 07-08-2007, 10:20 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...QQcmdZViewItem

i think if you can, use rca out from your cd player to this device and the sound would go to the speakers via the factory stereo

Old 07-15-2007, 01:01 AM

i got the pocket kit and installed my deck. all is good. well...except now my clock is blinking and i have no idea how to set it ha ha. my buddy checked his owners manual for his 07 accord, and i tried what it said with no luck. also, i now need a code for the stock radio? not that im using it, but still...???

Old 07-15-2007, 03:41 PM

you have to make a visit to your local dealership for your code unless its in your owners manual

Quick Reply: Q's about deck replacement in 03 accord