Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 06:53 AM
Default Questions

I have a few questions about car audio. I dont have much knowledge on this subject so that is why im here. But to the point i was doing some looking around and came across this. Was wondering if it was a good deal.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....;type=category

And what should i get first. A deck or sub/amp or speakers.
I am also not lookin to spend that much. Want the best i can that wont put a hole in my pocket. If the year of the car is need then i dont know yet because we are in the process of getting one. It would be between 97-99. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Kyle

Old 02-04-2007, 11:55 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: Questions

Yeah, thats not to bad of a deal. But you could find a better package for around the same price. Check out eBay. Rockford is a good brand though. As for what you should get first, get the deck or speakers. Make sure the deck has preouts for subs though. If you were to do subs first you would have to tap into your rear speakers for the signal, and then once you got a new deck you would have to wire it up diff. again.

Headunit/speakers
Save the subs for last

As for quality, it depends on how well you know your sound. Some people cant stand lower grade speakers while others can b/c while it doesnt sound as good, its good enough. I have $20 speakers in the back and $40 in my doors and it sounds fine to me,$90 unit, and some hard hitting subs.
Good luck!

Old 02-04-2007, 12:20 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Good advice. You can spend just about as much as you want on car audio, but I agree completely with getting the head unit and speakers first, then the sub. If you get a powerful enough 4 channel amp, you can use it to power the full ranges and the sub. Its all pretty simple wiring, just can be a pain to due.

Old 02-04-2007, 04:46 PM

Thank you for the advice. I dont think im that picky on how it sounds so i might be able to get some cheap speakers. As for the head unit anyone have any suggestions. I would like one thats iPod ready or that i could use my ipod to listen to songs on it

Old 02-04-2007, 05:14 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I have an Aiwa deck. I had a Durabrand radio and that was the biggest piece of junk so I upgraded to this one. I really like it, considering it has a ton of features.

It can either be orange or green
That small circle on the bottom right, allows you to plug in any mp3 player as long as you have a double ended headphone jack and it has held up great for me. No probs. whatsoever and of course is has controls for bass -10 to +10 and off, H Bass, Mids, low, high control, and pre outs for my subs.
Just look at my signature for my speakers and set-up, theres also a picture of it in my gallery (feel free to rate it/leave a comment!)

Old 02-04-2007, 05:17 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Oh yeah, I forgot the most important detail. Do not buy a radio install kit from any other place than Best Buy. I have tried Scosche from Wal-Mart, and that didnt work, then I went to a place that did customs jobs and theres was a little better, basically they were both horrible junk. But Best Buy has the best radio install kits out there. They are $20 bucks. I would also recommend Scosches wiring kits for your head unit from Wal-Mart. They are $10 compared to other places $20 and are pretty good quality.

Old 02-05-2007, 12:23 AM

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97

I have an Aiwa deck. I had a Durabrand radio and that was the biggest piece of junk so I upgraded to this one. I really like it, considering it has a ton of features.

It can either be orange or green
That small circle on the bottom right, allows you to plug in any mp3 player as long as you have a double ended headphone jack and it has held up great for me. No probs. whatsoever and of course is has controls for bass -10 to +10 and off, H Bass, Mids, low, high control, and pre outs for my subs.
Just look at my signature for my speakers and set-up, theres also a picture of it in my gallery (feel free to rate it/leave a comment!)
How much did the deck cost you. And i dont think i will be doing any of the install. will probably just have best buy install it

Old 02-07-2007, 01:13 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Sorry for the late response

The deck cost me about $90.

If your tight on money the install isn't to hard at all. As long as you know how to solder some wires together you'll be good. Installing my Durabrand radio was the first one I have ever done and its pretty simple. If you decide to do it yourself and need help, just let me know.

Good luck

Old 02-12-2007, 12:14 AM

If you are looking for a good deck, i would at least take a look at ww.crutchfield.com , you type in ur make model and year, they tell you what fits. May not be the cheapest but.. they send u the harness and everthing with the deal.. I got an alpine.. i love it. If you have decent stock speakers it may even make them sound a lil better.. at least thats how it worked for mine.. this is only my opinion..... Good luck !