Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Questions

Old 02-04-2007, 06:53 AM
Default Questions

I have a few questions about car audio. I dont have much knowledge on this subject so that is why im here. But to the point i was doing some looking around and came across this. Was wondering if it was a good deal.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....;type=category

And what should i get first. A deck or sub/amp or speakers.
I am also not lookin to spend that much. Want the best i can that wont put a hole in my pocket. If the year of the car is need then i dont know yet because we are in the process of getting one. It would be between 97-99. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Kyle

Old 02-04-2007, 12:20 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Questions

Good advice. You can spend just about as much as you want on car audio, but I agree completely with getting the head unit and speakers first, then the sub. If you get a powerful enough 4 channel amp, you can use it to power the full ranges and the sub. Its all pretty simple wiring, just can be a pain to due.

Old 02-04-2007, 04:46 PM

Thank you for the advice. I dont think im that picky on how it sounds so i might be able to get some cheap speakers. As for the head unit anyone have any suggestions. I would like one thats iPod ready or that i could use my ipod to listen to songs on it

Old 02-05-2007, 12:23 AM

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97

I have an Aiwa deck. I had a Durabrand radio and that was the biggest piece of junk so I upgraded to this one. I really like it, considering it has a ton of features.

It can either be orange or green
That small circle on the bottom right, allows you to plug in any mp3 player as long as you have a double ended headphone jack and it has held up great for me. No probs. whatsoever and of course is has controls for bass -10 to +10 and off, H Bass, Mids, low, high control, and pre outs for my subs.
Just look at my signature for my speakers and set-up, theres also a picture of it in my gallery (feel free to rate it/leave a comment!)
How much did the deck cost you. And i dont think i will be doing any of the install. will probably just have best buy install it

Old 02-12-2007, 12:14 AM

If you are looking for a good deck, i would at least take a look at ww.crutchfield.com , you type in ur make model and year, they tell you what fits. May not be the cheapest but.. they send u the harness and everthing with the deal.. I got an alpine.. i love it. If you have decent stock speakers it may even make them sound a lil better.. at least thats how it worked for mine.. this is only my opinion..... Good luck !