Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Setting up a system in a 04 honda accord

Old 10-06-2011, 01:28 AM
Default Setting up a system in a 04 honda accord

Hi, I just got done purchasing my first system and I have some questions on installing.

My car is a honda accord lx 4dr. My system setup is: Alpine SPR-60C Component speakers, Alpine SPS-69 coaxial speakers for rear, one jl 12w6 in a sealed box, alpine mrp f300 4 ch amp, jl 500/1v2 slash amp, and a pioneer deh-4300 head-unit.

I'm planning to try and install everything myself rather then paying 400+ for it.

Some questions I have are, is there any other specific things I need to wire my system? I was planning on using a 1 gauge wire that leads to the trunk to a distribution block that splits into two 4 gauge wires that leads to the amps. Would that work fine? and if so, what would be the best way to get a 1 gauge wire from the battery to the trunk? and what wires should I use to hook up my speakers? would this work? http://www.amazon.com/Brand-Tsunami-...7885903&sr=8-3

also how do I install the tweeters? they are in a awkward place to get to, and I have no clue how to get to them.

Last edited by miyas; 10-06-2011 at 02:27 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

that distribution kit is fine to power your amps. your idea with a distribution block is good.

you want 16 awg wire (or 14 awg) for your speakers, between the amp and crossovers, and between the crossovers and each speaker.

ensure you get very good seals. check out the stickys in this section.

getting through the firewall can be easy or a challenge. that is how you route the power wire. you can sometimes use existing grommets or pathways, but with 1 awg wire, it is large enough to need it's own hole. you have to look for a safe place on both sides. usually this means removing any factory sound barriers (put them back when done). when passing a wire through metal, you must have physical protection in the form of a grommet. Streetwires has some nice firewall grommets. you also want it sealed to prevent water ingress. silicone can work well here.

don't forget to upgrade the Big 3. ground to the floor, not an existing bolt.

the dash tweeters are secured to the grill that just pops off. you just need something thin to slide in the crack and pop it out. pretty easy. the tricky part is figuring out how you want to mount them since they won't have the same mounting or size. i moved mine to the A-pillars for several reasons - mostly because the tweeters i used sounded better then firing at the glass.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:34 AM
Senior Member Stereo Guru..Almost A Mod :)

0 GAUGE DUAL AMP POWER KIT

this wire comes with an inline fuse as well and ring terminals. I personally think this is the best wire out there. the tweeters are in the dash corners right against the windshield. I would use 12 awg wires for the speakers.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:39 AM

Cool, thanks for the input guys. I'll make sure to get grommets. and how did you mount your tweeters to the a-pillar?

Old 10-06-2011, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubbthre...page/1/fpart/1

my build log has all of this detailed.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:48 PM

Thanks for the log! it should help a lot to wire my speakers and amp.. do I have to take out the seats and carpet? or is there a way to route the speaker wires to my 4ch amp which I was planning to have in the trunk.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:51 PM

you can go under the door trim but to get into the trunk without wiring showing you will probably have to pull out part of the backseat. if you run it in the trim however you may get some alternator whine.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:26 AM

Kay, I will just run the wires under the carpet through the backseat. For the tweeters, I'm planning on drilling a hole through my door panel and installing it there. is that a good idea, and is how would I mount the tweeters?

Old 10-07-2011, 08:22 AM

I personally would try to get them somewhere higher up. mine are in my sail pillar and KHA has his in his A pillar. I have a link in my sig on my build shows how I mounted mine. KHA has a build thread where he shows how he mounted his. if you put them in your door they should come with a holder. you could slide the holder through the hole in the door and put a bead of silicone around the seam on the backside.

Old 10-07-2011, 05:26 PM

Kay, i'm just going to mount my tweeters on my a pillar. I ran into a problem...while i was replacing the door actuator, I accidently took out my window motor. When i put it back, it wouldn't work anymore. Also, how do i remove my actuator from the housing?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Setting up a system in a 04 honda accord