Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Single DIN DVD in lower pocket possible?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 01:12 PM
DaMeSPaCio
Unregistered

aww man are you serious? I always seem to jump the gun and get in way over my head =(

I dont really have any experience using bondo, but I am pretty good with my hands building stuff. I hope I can think of something (or maybe you guys can help with any ideas of how to install it)

Technically I bought the unit for like $400 so i'm still in the black. I'm not really looking to get it installed asap, but I'd like it in there within a month. I just hope I can actually get it installed.

t00fatt, you said "There was a buildlog of just that on some other forum," would you happen to have that link? it could really help.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I have no idea which forum it was on, just google it. There are only a handful of the installs, and last time I check they were all by the same guy. If you don't have very good skills working with bondo, epoxy, sanding and painting don't bother it will come out horrible. Just return the double DIN, if it hasn't been 30 days you should be able to. Your only options that doesn't include custom fabbrication is to get the metra kit that replaces the radio and install a flip out, that's what I did.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:40 AM
DaMeSPaCio
Unregistered
Cool So........ it fit and it works!

So this Saturday, I decided to put on my "automotive installer" cap on and see what I can do to get this in my car... actually not really, I just asked one of my boys to do it since he is an actual car audio installer.. lol. The honda kit that I purchased from here [http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...TTACHMENT+(XM)] fit semi-perfectly. Once you remove the cubby, you notice that there are two metal brackets at the bottom with two holes and some sort of oval or "t" shaped holes. They are attached at the left and right. This is the bracket where the harness attaches to. I had to cut the brackets, leaving only one of the holes, in order for the harness to attach. (I attached a pic so that you guys know what I'm talkin about and where to cut). Anyway, after those two cuts it was just plug and play.

Anyway, sorry for the basic/quick explanation, but I'm at work. I would've put a pic of it, but I didn't have a camera during the install.

PS: I know, I suck at MSPaint lol

Hope it helps tho! =)

-Hector

Attached Thumbnails Single DIN DVD in lower pocket possible?-brackets.jpg  
Old 04-06-2009, 10:43 AM
DaMeSPaCio
Unregistered

Also, I guess the thread title should be "Double DIN DVD in lower pocket possible?" instead of what it is now...

Old 04-06-2009, 04:42 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

If you can get it to fit nicely, the only problem would be it would be its very quick and easy to just rip it out. I don't know about you but I would hate having to navigate a HU down there, but if your happy than your happy.