Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

subwoofer questions.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 05:26 PM
Default RE: subwoofer questions.

see lol chris did not tell me this fact some random person i did, i have learned so much about this stuff from chris, haha i feel like i have a footing in it lol

Old 01-14-2009, 05:37 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

LOL .... try running your engine at its resonant frequency for a while and see how it likes that ..... resonance kills things.

Old 01-14-2009, 05:39 PM

O.o more power yo.... hahahahha jk

Old 01-14-2009, 08:02 PM

Do you know what a resonate frequency is? If you make anything resonate hard enough it will destroy it's self.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:04 PM

man i can draw u diagrams, yes i do haha

Old 01-14-2009, 08:14 PM

I only ask if you don't know I would tell you, there is no knowledge competition here. But I don't see how you could draw a diagram explain what resonance is. Honestly I don't even know how to word it without having to look it up.

resonance is the tendency of a system to oscillate at maximum amplitude at certain frequencies
Which basically means the closer you get to the resonate frequency the harder your car will vibrate and shake, wasting energy that could have be used to produce sound. Resonance is very important when building a box, if the resonance is in the range of the bass the box will resonate which is called signing. Which is a common problem with glassed boxes. The tuning of the box your talking about is what frequency the box is tuned at, playing anything lower than what the box is tuned for will destroy the driver. Running a ported box that is tuned high will give you better high end, and lose a bit on the lows but is nothing like a sealed.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:20 PM

ok i havent read it, but ill explain what i understand it as, take a steel beam you put a small weight on a rod that is attached to the pice od steel, moving that road down, just the wait will casue it to move a little, when it reaches its maxesmium distance of movement the weight most quickly move in the oppsite dirrection, move the piece of steel untill it reaches that maxium reach on the top then the wieght must quickly move down again and so on and so on

Old 01-14-2009, 08:24 PM

Old 01-14-2009, 08:29 PM

Old 01-14-2009, 08:29 PM

I didn't really get what you said but I don't think that's it no. Resonance is say you have a piece of plywood with say a resonate frequency of 100hz. When sound hits the matter it moves through the matter making the matter also vibrate at the same frequency. As you get closer to 100hz it vibrates more and more until it oscillating at the maximum. When it is at it's resonate frequency you can see the vibrations it's that intense. I'm a really bad teacher so please forgive my horrible explanation.

EDIT: No that's not it at all, lol just forget it.

Quick Reply: subwoofer questions.