Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   subwoofers draining battery? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/subwoofers-draining-battery-14443/)

BallaxB09 12-04-2007 09:46 PM

subwoofers draining battery?

when i first installed my amp and sub system, everything was fine. about a week later my car had lost all battery power, so i had to jump it(with subs still attached). it ran good for about another 3-5 days and the battery was dead again, so i jumped it once more.

after speaking with my dad he said that the amp/subwoofers were draining my battery, he suspected it was because i have my aftermarket alarm system boltedadjacent to the power supply to my amp on the terminal, with no insulator in between the two connections

ever since the second time i completely unhooked the amp power supply wire.

any suggestions on how to re set up the two connections to my battery?

(this may be hard to understand. i tried my best to explain the situation)

falkore24 12-05-2007 06:58 AM

RE: subwoofers draining battery?

look up "Big 3" ..... there is a battery terminal referanced in there that has the connections that you need.

MacLeod 12-05-2007 05:02 PM

Get a new battery.

An amp shouldnt drain a battery unless youre playing your system for a couple hours with the engine off.

vtecHef 12-05-2007 05:41 PM

ORIGINAL: MacLeod

An amp shouldnt drain a battery unless youre playing your system for a couple hours with the engine off.

You can really get a couple hours out of you battery with the motor off and subs/amp/speakers playing ? I thought like 20 min max ?

tru_44 12-05-2007 06:31 PM

^^^^ yes u can, but that would depend on the batt or batts you are usin and the voltage the amp is pullin. The battery problem could be a cause of a bad batt or maybe your amp is not turning off when u turn off your car, some lower brand amps are known to do that.

MacLeod 12-06-2007 11:25 AM

Ive got close to 1000 watts in my system and I have the stock battery and I routinely sit in my car for 1-3 hours tuning and Ive never had a problem.

Granted Im not blasting it with deep bass music tho and these are brand new batteries but you get the point.

Ive got a friend that has over 4000 watts in his system with a stock battery and we've sat inside for an hour or more tuning before and it cranked right up.

94Honda 12-06-2007 11:48 AM

did u hook up the remote power switch from ur deck to ur amp? little blue wire, look for the place on ur amp.

BallaxB09 12-06-2007 03:20 PM

yeah, i've hooked up everything properly.

94Honda 12-06-2007 10:04 PM

well if everything is hooked up right. its gotta be ur amp, do u have all electrical connections wrapped? what kind of amp?

MacLeod 12-07-2007 06:25 PM

So whats the word on the battery? Is yours an old one or a new one?