Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Swapped 03 Coupe head unit with 07 sedan (With Navi)

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 09:08 PM
Default Swapped 03 Coupe head unit with 07 sedan (With Navi)

Hello, I have a unique problem and hopefully you guys can shed some light and offer some help.
My 03 accord coupe with navi the radio stopped working- the touch screen was not responding to anything. My friend had a 07 accord sedan which was totaled and was going to be taken away by the insurance company so he let me switch the radio. The new radio has an XM button and the 03 did not come with that option. The problem is the display where the time is and where you see the code to enter is garbled. I have the radio code which I got from running the serial number in Honda. 2nd problem is I cannot see how to enter the code. When I turn the radio on it should say code. When I turn the tuning **** it turns the numbers- my question is do the numbers go from 0-9 0 being the first number when you turn right? So if I turn the number of "clicks" to the first number then press the tune button to enter the number does the number reset again or stays the same for the next number. Example: If I wanted to enter 6 as the first digit I would turn left then the first number would be 9 one more for 8 one more for 7 then one more for 6 and press the tune button for enter. If the second number is 4 do I just turn left two more times or does it start back from 9? I was able to enter the code once before but forgot how I did it. The battery died and now I cant enter the code again. Dont really care that the display doesnt work but its tough without the radio.
Hope someone can help.

P.S this was a bad idea to do because the defroster does not work air only comes out the front vent the mode control does not work.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:46 AM
Super Moderator

i would put an 03 radio in.