Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

System suggestions

Old 01-19-2007, 08:35 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered
Default System suggestions

I plan on redoing my whole system sometime in the future, Im looking for suggestions. Here is what I have planned so far, just a tentative outline.

Deck - Probably Pioneer, not sure what model though.

Speakers - Infinity, 6x9s in the rear deck, 6.5s in the doors, and a set of Q-Form kick panel enclosures to put a 5.25 component set in.

Amplifiers - Probably either Kicker or Rockford Fosgate. I will be needing to run speakers and subs, what is the best way to power everything without buying like 18 amps?

Subwoofers - I really like Kicker, but I dont know what size to go with. Im thinking I should run two subs, either 10s or 12s, and I also cant decide what kind of box to use. I listen to both rap and rock/alternative.

I think I should also run a capacitor, but I dont know what size to get. Any comments and suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks guys.

Old 01-20-2007, 01:50 AM
Default RE: System suggestions

for subs i use to have a JL w6 12in. that thing knock hard. i have it for sale if you want it?? let me know.. trust me with just one it has a big bang. ohh and it comes in a custom box.. ill post pictures up if interested.

Old 01-20-2007, 03:59 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

You can see my system in my sig and in my gallery (feel free to rate/leave a comment) and I like my set-up but sometimes I think its to much. Anyways, I have a Mobile Authority 1.0 farad cap, and when my bass is on +3 (out of +10) with a song that has a smidge more bass then normal, well it makes the engine rev up to give the power that it needs, which is something I really dont like doing. Its awful w/ the AC on so I either have to choose bass or AC. So usually, if I have my subs way up I turn as much off electrically as possible.

Old 01-20-2007, 07:54 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

Currently I have a Pioneer deck, stock front speakers, Pioneer 6x9s in the rear, and 360 watt Rockford Fosgate amp driving a single 10" Kicker Comp VR. I also have a .5 farad cap, and its not even enough. I think I need to get a higher amp alternator before i do much more with my system. Right now my system sounds good, but I want it to sound great.

Old 01-21-2007, 03:14 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: poser_pilot6

I think I need to get a higher amp alternator before i do much more with my system.
Same here, but I would rather spend the money on other things and sacrifice the AC and what not! I figure, I will wait until it needs a new one anyways, or have some extra $ laying around.

Old 01-21-2007, 03:37 AM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

I cant go without AC in the Tennessee summers. Too humid. But you definitely dont want to wait until your alternator craps out, it sucks being stranded lol.

Old 01-21-2007, 03:56 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Tell me about it! Illinois' summers are awful to. I just jam, and let the sweat drench me. Thats why windows roll down! lmao Im assuming your alternator crapped out. About how many miles did this happen?

Old 01-21-2007, 04:07 AM
94acccorn
Unregistered

how much bass you want? Go with components in the front and 6.5 or 6x9 in the rears. Put a good amp on them or you wont hear them. For subs I run 2 jl 10w0 in a custom box. it has a decent amount of bass but not over kill. I am pushing them with a jl 250/1.
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j2...rn/work044.jpghere is a pic of what I did in mine.

Old 01-21-2007, 04:22 AM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97

Tell me about it! Illinois' summers are awful to. I just jam, and let the sweat drench me. Thats why windows roll down! lmao Im assuming your alternator crapped out. About how many miles did this happen?
The alternator on my car is still going, but it happened to me in my dad's 85 F-150 when I was 17. It sucked being stranded on the highway and having to wait for my dad to come get me lol.

I hate being drenched in sweat, especially since when I go to work, Im in uniform lol. Its not like I can wear a t-shirt and shorts to work, unfortunately. Well, except for PT.

ORIGINAL: 94acccorn

how much bass you want? Go with components in the front and 6.5 or 6x9 in the rears. Put a good amp on them or you wont hear them. For subs I run 2 jl 10w0 in a custom box. it has a decent amount of bass but not over kill. I am pushing them with a jl 250/1.
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j2/94acccorn/work044.jpghere is a pic of what I did in mine.
I currently have all four speakers running off the deck, and I can hear the rears just fine, but the fronts? Not hardly at all. My bass now is pretty good, but I would like it to be louder. I want to be able to turn it down if I need, but I figure I can adjust the bass boost on the amp for that, and also through the deck's EQ. I guess what I want is good solid bass, and the ability to MAKE it overkill if I want lol.

Old 01-21-2007, 04:36 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

What does PT stand for? lol Probably something really easy and i'll feel like an idiot! haha Oh well.
You should seriously consider checking out my system. All I use for bass control is my Aiwa deck and it can be normal, but when its on +10 for bass you better watch out. I mean, my Volfenhag subs shake the mirrors like crazy and even give you a mini massage! haha Plus, one of them has a bad voice coil! Let me know if you need more specifics. Oh yeah, the Volfenhags aren;t that pricey either.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: System suggestions