Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

System suggestions

Old 01-21-2007, 04:41 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: System suggestions

Forgot to mention, that on my deck, you can turn the subs all the way down to -10 or even one more which actually stops all bass to the subs. So if I have a huge headache I usually do that and just turn the H-bass on for the speakers.

Old 01-21-2007, 01:15 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

PT is Physical Training. Its what the Army calls exercise. Push ups, sit ups, running.

The reason I want to get all high end stuff is because when I put this system in, thats it for a few years. I want something thats going to last, something Im not going to want to upgrade anymore lol.

When I first had my sub put in, I had a ten inch Sony Xplode, which exploded in about 30 minutes. I dont want that to happen again, and Im a big fan of Kicker.

Old 01-21-2007, 01:46 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Ah, now I see!

Well that sucks about the Sony Xplod! I actually bought my system from a guy at work and the sub already had a bad voice coil. But I can't really seem to hurt my subs, even with my 1,000 watt max amp! I am not afraid of hurting the subs, just the speakers and stressing out the car itself. My subs are the Volfenhag competition kind, but they make even better ones. I think you could get one like mine from 70-100 bucks.

Old 01-21-2007, 01:52 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

I do like the look of your subs, they look cool. The red even kinda goes with your car lol. And they sure sound durable. Im surprised you havent totally ruined the one with the bad voice coil already.

Old 01-21-2007, 02:00 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Thanks! I got lucky w/ the color matching! I am surprised to as I have had them for well over a year, and they have been sitting in a storage shed before that. I had planned on buying a new one, but really...what I have is enough! I do wonder though, what the difference would be if the one didnt have a bad voice coil.

Heres a link for them, and they are only $55!! http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_1586.html#

But I would do some research first, I mean I cant break them but I would feel really bad if you got them and they didnt hold up to your system.

Here is a forum/argument! http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/4/4455.html

But I think I remember, as people are saying that their amps aren't the best. Not to sure.

Hope that helps.

Old 01-21-2007, 09:35 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

Yeah, I still have a lot of research to do. But this project is still a ways in the future, I want to get my header and exhaust first, then lower it, then the stereo.

Old 01-21-2007, 10:51 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Well good luck when you start that project! What headers are you lookin @ again?

Old 01-21-2007, 11:43 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

The same on you have on your car, the OBX from eBay. Cant argue with $162 shipped, when other people vouch for the quality. Im all about saving money lol. Thats another reason I was thinking of getting the Tsudo Evo II exhaust, its supposed to be the exact same spec as Greddy's Evo II, which sounds pretty good. And a WSII is pretty pricey for me, or I would be getting one.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:03 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Sounds like a really good plan to me! GL! When you get that exhaust, I would be VERY curious to hear it.

Old 01-22-2007, 02:56 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

For the subs go for two Kicker Competition VRs. If you want subs that are gonna last you a long time don't get anything else. My 15"s sound good at low levels and kill you when you crank it. For a amp for bass, I have been pushing this 1800 watt Pyle amp. I got it for $120 thinking I was just going to have it for a while and burn it out. Well THIS amp is actually great. It sounds great with bass, has plenty of power, and stays ice cold. I have pushing both subs and this amp at high levels 90% of the time I am driving, for the past year and a half.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: System suggestions