Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   TOO MANY SPEAKERS? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/too-many-speakers-15518/)

leviathann 01-23-2008 06:07 PM

RE: TOO MANY SPEAKERS?

almost done....

ChrisC76 01-25-2008 05:41 PM

So how's your progress on this stereo going?

leviathann 01-26-2008 10:45 PM

Well, kind of frustrating. I attempted to scan the amp, google images and nothing with the schematics but nothing.

Here's a brief description.

topof the amp : Dragster DA 2002 200wx2RMS2/1 channel full mosfet power amplifier w/built-in x-over.

Side : crossover operations ....there are3 switches. One says frequencies, and you can move it to select from 40 60 80 and 120......the other on/off and the third is a switch to select between low high.

Back of the unit....Gain, L and R inputs, 2 + and 2 - sub/speaker outlet w 4 screws and another 3 for REM GND AND B+

Bottom of the unit.....diagram of connections and at the bottom it saysRMS POWER: 200 WATTS X2 @ 4 OHM, 370 WATTS X 2 @2 OHM AND 800 WATTS MONOBRIDGED.

I'm going to try and upload the pics in a little while.

Anyway, I went to a few stores today to try and find the speaker connectors (for the door and rears) but was not lucky( the ones you can get so I don't have to cut the oem speaker wires and I can just plug in) so I will be going to ebay soon.

I should be getting the q logic/form kick pannels on monday.
What speakers do you recommend for the kick pannels.
Where will I connect those speakers to? (to which speaker wires?) door speakers?

And Just so that I'm clear. I'm getting a small amp for the front speakers, one for the rear speakers and one amp for the subs?

I should have the amp connection kit (which one!!!, how many? for each amp?

Thanks

[IMG]local://upfiles/14567/527B2C4316B2400FA17E5B4C088ABD4F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/14567/3E208FDDFCA84012995056A0F2E62C01.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/14567/9FC5794042B444EBA461A010473E13C2.jpg[/IMG]

ChrisC76 01-27-2008 02:37 AM

Okay, I'm guessing that you are wanting to gather up everything you need first, then we can worry about install. Thats good, I wish everyone would do it like this. lets answer some of your questions.

For the kick panels I suggest a set of JL components so as to sound similar to the JL coaxial speakers you have in the doors. Something like : http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_c...php?comp_id=61And they will be powered by the front channels of the 4 channel amp you are getting like the Alpine MRP-F450. The rear channel of this amp will power the VR-650CXi you have in the doors. You should runn new speaker wire from the amp to the kick pannels. And for the dor speakers, either run new speaker wire from the amp to the speakers themselves ( which means running it into the doors through the factory gromments) or just run it up to the kick panel area and find the speaker wires that run into the door and splice into it there.

Yes you should get a 4 channel amp for the front like the Alpine MRP-F450 and a two channel like the MRP-T220 for the rear. You already have the amp for the subs.

As far as power and rca requirments go, that depends on where you will be mounting the amps at. So let me know where you plan on your amps being and I can answer that.

As far as those speaker wire adapters go, don't worry about it, you don't really want to use the factory wiring anyways. just run new speaker wire.

BTW: those subs are really old, I hope they still work.

leviathann 01-27-2008 11:46 AM

Ok....just got the alpine mrp-t220......one more to go...... Oh! do I need to do anything to the car as far as changing the alternator or adding anything to prevent the alternator from being damaged? If that is a concern....I'm really not into power I just want some nice quality music and If I happen to play it loud i DON'T WANT IT DISTORted. But most of the time it won't be (I think).

ChrisC76 01-27-2008 03:42 PM

Won't be listening to it loud???? yeah right. I don't go through all this trouble to listen to my music at moderate levels and I don't think you will be either. Loud is an understatment. Clean is the goal.

I found a local shop to rewind an alternator to output 120 amps and he also put a slightly smaller pulley on it for $200.00. For you,add up all the fuse requirments of the amplifiers. Like the MRP-T220 is just 20 amps and the MRP-F450 is 50 amps, so add what that dragster amp requires. This will be like the horrific lightning strike maximum amprage draw your system will ever pull. Normal operating is like half of it. Now there will be some peaks in there that go close to the max but really only on the sub amp since the more mass that moves the more power that is required. So if your half of the total is over 100 then get a high output alternator. If its less than 100 youshouldn't need one. Of course this doesn't mean you won't need one later, its just that I don't anticipate that you will need one.

leviathann 01-29-2008 02:38 PM

Hey...I changed my mind about the kick panels. I installed the radio, front and rear speakers and subs. I still would like to hook up the speakers to the alpine amp.

I have an issue....When I turn up the volume the subs stop working. I've tried 2 amps so far and I have the same issue. Low volume...sound great...mi volume ....Loose some of the thumps and as I increase it goes away completely....What gives????

falkore24 01-29-2008 03:53 PM

It sounds like you either need a better ground for the amp or you need the big 3 upgrade.

Also, if you plan to get any mid-bass out of the front doors, you will need to remove the plastic vapor barrier that is under the interior panel. I had a pair of 6.5" MB Quarts components and I had to turn the bass way down so that it wouldn't rattle. I had planned to replace the plastic with Dynomat, but the tranny died and I got rid of the car before I had the chance.

leviathann 01-29-2008 10:10 PM

What's the big three update? What do you suggest for ground. Thanks

Whitefoxx 01-30-2008 11:56 PM

Hey wass uP good info, thats so funny i have the same KICKERS, except mine are 10's and my box has 2 ported holes instead of 4, they sound good,,, but what im really saving up for is a W7 12', in a special Jl Audio Box it comes in, 750 RSM Watts JL Audio Amp 1000 Watts RSM, but that about $1800, for now the kickers will have to do. I had a Bazooka top of the line, but it blew on me couple days ago, i was driving and i noticed there was no bass, and a wierd smell, i pulled over poped the trunck there was smoke comming from the holes of the Sub, LOL started to unplug everything didnt want to mess my other components. I recomend getting Monster wiring, and most important an OPTIMO (yellow Top) battery, one of the best investments i ever made the yellow top, HOPE THIS HELPS,FOX