Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Vid of my Kicker Comp CVR12 12"s w/ Alpine MRDM1005 video comments welcome

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 10:56 PM
Default Vid of my Kicker Comp CVR12 12"s w/ Alpine MRDM1005 video comments welcome

here's mine...

setup is 2x Kicker Comp CVR12 12" subwoofers, powered by a Alpine MRD10005 1000wrms x1, subs wired in series, so there getting 500wrms each...this is the most sub moving song i could find...trust me, it doesnt sound like this in real life, the cams mike just cant pick up what it actually sounds like (not surprising) in car, and a block or two a way it sounds loud and clean, no distortion at any volume...

i also hav a pair boston accoustics components up frontVERY soon to be powered by a JL 150x2 amplifer i found a great deal on, that will bea HUGE improvement... my deck does 25wrms, so they dont sound bad, but i know they will really open up and sound beautiful with some real clean power...anyway, enough with the jibbber jabba....

here's the vid:

http://debscowboy.com/zanejohnson/P1010209.avi

for some reason it wont play in windows media player for me, but VLC player works perfectly fine, so if WMP wont work, try VLC

Old 04-18-2008, 12:02 AM
Default RE: Vid of my Kicker Comp CVR12 12"s w/ Alpine MRDM1005 video comments welcome

Nice vid. I was surprised to hear the bass notes on my computer speakers when you were walking towards your car. Do you get rattling from your trunk lid? If so I'll give you a minor tip that will make a huge difference. I have an 18" sub in my '01 sedan so it pushes quite a bit of air and the rattling annoyed me. A friend of mine recommended taking out this little piece that is in the trunk lid. It's on the bottom covered by a platic piece and bolted to it. All it is, is a weight for the trunk lid and it rattles the **** out of the lid. I took mine out, filled it with expanding foam, and covered the lid with sound deadener. You don't need to go through all that, just removing the peice will help alot. Here is a picture of where it's located.

Name:  IMG_17101.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  63.0 KB

Old 04-18-2008, 12:29 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Vid of my Kicker Comp CVR12 12"s w/ Alpine MRDM1005 video comments welcome

Sounds good man, what was the second song you played? And, what the HECK** happened to your front bumper?

Old 04-18-2008, 08:48 AM

I think you got you wiring terms wrong.... not bad

Old 04-18-2008, 09:08 AM

504 boyz wobble wobble or something like that...

Old 04-18-2008, 10:18 AM

ORIGINAL: cxjon

504 boyz wobble wobble or something like that...
Yep, Wobble Wobble by 504 boyz indeed.

Old 04-18-2008, 11:12 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I wasn't very satisfied with my CVRs in a ported box. Unless your playing real low tones the bass is real sloppy, although mine were 15"s. If you ever want tight clean bass, throw them in a sealed box. You will still hit the lows, and the highs will sound so clean. Then when your done get a single CVX and be blown away.

Old 04-18-2008, 11:59 AM

ORIGINAL: donpisto

Nice vid. I was surprised to hear the bass notes on my computer speakers when you were walking towards your car. Do you get rattling from your trunk lid? If so I'll give you a minor tip that will make a huge difference. I have an 18" sub in my '01 sedan so it pushes quite a bit of air and the rattling annoyed me. A friend of mine recommended taking out this little piece that is in the trunk lid. It's on the bottom covered by a platic piece and bolted to it. All it is, is a weight for the trunk lid and it rattles the **** out of the lid. I took mine out, filled it with expanding foam, and covered the lid with sound deadener. You don't need to go through all that, just removing the peice will help alot. Here is a picture of where it's located.

pic
thanks for the tip, i'll check that out... i dont get a whole lot of trunk rattle, i get ALOT of licence plate rattle though, even though it's screwed in with 4 screws as TIGHT as i could possibly tighten them, and put some cushy like packing material stuff behind it even...still rattles....

Old 04-18-2008, 12:01 PM

i looked in my trunk and i dont think i have that thing in there...i'll take some pics... i also tookthe fan off of my amp and put the cover back on, im gonna snap some more shots and post them up here.

Old 04-18-2008, 12:04 PM

ORIGINAL: t00fatt

I wasn't very satisfied with my CVRs in a ported box. Unless your playing real low tones the bass is real sloppy, although mine were 15"s. If you ever want tight clean bass, throw them in a sealed box. You will still hit the lows, and the highs will sound so clean. Then when your done get a single CVX and be blown away.
mine are 12"s and they arent sloppy at all, in fact they are really tight, in rock songs they sound great, nice and tight....but my box is made exactly the right size for them.

Quick Reply: Vid of my Kicker Comp CVR12 12"s w/ Alpine MRDM1005 video comments welcome