Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

What I'm Going For.

Old 02-28-2009, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by t00fatt
I can tell you already, what you want is not at all a low budget system. You can't get cheap speakers and make them produce the bass you want.
dam bro i guess u got me. I was looking at some pioneer 6x9's and pioneer 6 1/2s. The guy at bestbuy also showed me a rockford fosgate slim sub. This was the sub but the site says it doesn't fit my car... http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1202650467630

Old 02-28-2009, 11:22 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Dude what is it that you want to do, and what is your budget? You can't get a lot of bass from speakers with a low budget system or install. So if you want bass you want at least a small sub. I've never heard any of these new slim subs but I don't hear good things. There is no reason to get a slim sub. A smaller cone with a bigger driver is much better. A single 10" W6 I think is what you want from your first post. As for speakers I can only tell you what I like, you have to go hear some speakers for yourself.

Old 02-28-2009, 11:56 PM

my budget for everything has to be below 600 for speakers, sub, amp and head unit. I put that as my budget because i plan on gettin some things used

Old 03-01-2009, 02:41 PM

Buy just the subs and a new amp they are good subs

Old 03-01-2009, 02:59 PM

$600 is less than half than I paid for my system, and I consider my system a budget system. If your working with such a low budget your going to have to prioritize what you want. Do you want great speakers and no sub? Or ok speakers and an ok sub?

What ever you do don't listen to this logan cat. Slim subs are crap, they only help if you are very limited with space. A 10w6 will blow away a 12" slim sub.

Dude logan you have seriosuly got to stop this sh*t, I can't imagine anyone saying anything more wrong please stop it. If your trying to give people wrong information and cunfuse them you are doing a great ****ing job.

Old 03-01-2009, 03:02 PM

Sorry didn't know they were slim subs just heard the name brand cool it dude

Old 03-01-2009, 03:09 PM

But dude don't you see how someone can make a decision from your post. Don't say anything if your not sure. Car audio is very expensive, the last thing that should happen is someone buy something because of some biased thing someone said. Oh and at that price, that is not a good sub. RF subs are OK, but you can do better for $200. A CVX, L7 or W6 would be such a better choice, but I'm sure you already knew that.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:09 PM

I was listening to a few other subs at the store today and maybe i'd be better off getting great speakers and no sub. Maybe some speakers that put out some pretty good bass. That might be exactly what i'm going for.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:15 PM

Generally speakers are produced with a sub of some kind in mind. They all about have the same amount of bass. Like I said before, the only way to really bring out the bass is to get them in sealed enclosures. For the rears you would have to build a box that fits and bolts ups behind the speaker and is sealed. For the fronts you would have to deaden the doors, then close off and seal all the holes on the inner door panel.

Also don't put too much emphasis on how the subs sound in the store, god knows what amp they are using and the acoustics of a large empty room is totality different from a car.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by t00fatt
Also don't put too much emphasis on how the subs sound in the store, god knows what amp they are using and the acoustics of a large empty room is totality different from a car.
That's definitely tru. Well t00fatt my brother, my audio journey's got a long way to go and i have plenty of things i need to get to before that. I know who the man to talk to about audio is lol. Even on other Honda forums they know about you. Thanks for all ur suggestions bro. I'll keep everyone updated.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What I'm Going For.