Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

What I'm Going For.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by Sweagle02
Even on other Honda forums they know about you.
God I hope that's not true, last thing I need is more people with more questions lol

Old 03-01-2009, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by t00fatt
God I hope that's not true, last thing I need is more people with more questions lol
lmao i don't think you'll get any. I was on 6thgenaccord and was askin the same audio question and ppl were giving wack responses with no answer at all just tellin me use the search button! and some guy with a brain came on and said just ask t00fatt from HAF.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:35 PM

Ok so after much thought, I think I have FINALLY found what sound I want to get. I don't want a sub, it distorts the actual SONG waaay too much because it obviously just puts out the bass.

I want speakers that have really good bass but I don't want a sub. I know someone has to get what I'm sayin. t00fatt?! Opinions anyone?

Old 05-15-2009, 11:00 PM

just turn the gain down on the sub and it shouldnt distort anything.
or just amp the speakers and use the high pass filter.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:02 PM

Aftermarket speakers usually are designed with a sub in mind. Your NOT going to find a set of components that will produce a lot of bass and still produce mids with no distortion. And I'm talking about a true 2 way component set. If your looking for any kind of bass you need a small sub at least. If your looking for accurate bass, a single quality 10" or even a 8" will suit you. But if your looking for even slightly exaggerated bass, like most of us are, your going to need a bit more than that.

Now this is just an idea of mine I've been thinking about, it was first induced by falkore. JL has just released a 6.5" W3 sub, that I believe is free air capable. By setting up your front stage with some nice 2 way or even 3 way components, and setting up two w3 6.5"s in the rear I think you would get some really nice accurate sound. You would have to do some work to the rear deck to make sure it is sealed nicely. And there may be staging problems with higher bass notes, so don't go investing in this idea right away. Just something to ponder...

Simply put, you will not be satisfied with the bass from any speaker. A sub woofer will not "distort" the sound. Exaggerated bass is just that, exaggerated but will not distort anything. If your looking for accurate reproduction you need a sub woofer. Each driver has it's range, low bass isn't really in the range of the woofers on speakers. They can play it, but it's not what they do best. That's why you have 3 ways, but a 3 way set will not give you more bass per say. It will just reproduce the wide range of frequencies a bit cleaner.

EDIT: Now if your cranking your bass EQ to crank your bass you will run into distortion on your speakers. If your gains are too high on the sub you will get distortion, but that is not caused by bass it is caused by the user. Your gains should never be passed the half way point, and you really don't need to go higher than a 1/4 of turn on most amps even with 2v preouts from your HU. What do you mean by distortion? Be as specific as possible, no such thing as too many details.

Last edited by t00fatt; 05-15-2009 at 11:12 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Sweagle02
lmao i don't think you'll get any. I was on 6thgenaccord and was askin the same audio question and ppl were giving wack responses with no answer at all just tellin me use the search button! and some guy with a brain came on and said just ask t00fatt from HAF.
LOL that was probably me. I send a lot of people over here for audio and tachnical questions. The guys on 6GA don't know anything about fixing it... just modding and hypothetical crap.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by finch13
LOL that was probably me. I send a lot of people over here for audio and tachnical questions. The guys on 6GA don't know anything about fixing it... just modding and hypothetical crap.
Oh god is that why there has been an influx in super retarded kids and questions these past couple of months? I'm not getting paid here, so no need to advertise my services, please lol

Old 05-16-2009, 12:20 AM

Oh god is that why there has been an influx in super retarded kids and questions these past couple of months? I'm not getting paid here, so no need to advertise my services, please lol
Lol naw man it must be coincidence, Finch ain't over on 6GA referring ppl that's for sure.

Referring to your other post, thanks for the info. I'll keep all that in mind and to answer your question, I'll post the link to a video showing you what I mean by me not wanting a distorted sound. The bass is distorted and I can't hear the actual song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VETjms71Lwc

Old 05-16-2009, 01:13 AM

That is how a sub sounds when it distorts. That guy is giving the sub over 1000w, and a 10" type-r is rated for less than 500w. If your sub sounds like that you need to turn you gains way down, or bring down or adjust the bass boost.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:00 AM

No... I don't send most over. Some have fairly complex and serious problems that I send over here. I think I've quoted a few times, but nothing big. Don't worry, if people were getting referred to me I'd be pissed too.

That is how a sub sounds when it distorts. That guy is giving the sub over 1000w, and a 10" type-r is rated for less than 500w. If your sub sounds like that you need to turn you gains way down, or bring down or adjust the bass boost.
Are you sure it's not just the video camera not being able to record sound that low at that volume?

I could go out and record my subs or some correctly powered Type-r's and get the same results. I do think they're over powered though.

Quick Reply: What I'm Going For.