Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

will 05 Civic 6disc CD player fit in 99 Accord ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 03:41 PM
Newest Of Newbies

What it is guys? I just wanted to give a little help to one of my better known areas. Honda/Acura uses a lot of parallels on their interior items. If you are in doubt, I do know that after market harnesses, due to car companies anticipating new units being used instead of factory and theft, allow a wide range of easy install. My easiest suggestion if you're unsure is to go to Wal-mart and look in the auto section for a harness kit from scosche (google "scosche" for site and look for your model) and hook it up that way. I bought my cars without cd players and jacked up harnesses. I used 1 cd player in my 92' legend and then used it in my 95' accord with the same harness. They do it based on years like 86'-97' are the same, 98'-07' are the same, and 08'-10' are the same. My reasoning is that if these harness allow you to hook up any aftermarket cd player to various models then the harness would have to be the same if they are also factory spec. If you can't plug it in then just match the colors and splice them, wrap them up with some electrical tape, and crank it! This is the method I took when I had 2 speakers in the front, 1 on each of the 4 doors, and 2 in the back with an amp on all of them. I used the harness kit for an aftermarket cd player but they do offer a factory one as well to cover the same years if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited by hazelandroyal; 08-26-2010 at 03:46 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

^ electrical tape alone is not sufficient. you need a mechanical connection. electrical tape fails and causes shorts and damaged equipment.

no one is saying that the harnesses don't match, they do. the issue is the physical fit of the unit. the Accord factory mounts should allow for a standard ISO mount of the new Civic head unit. The overall trim fit is in question.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:35 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Okay. Now I see. I was going based on the info about plug in or re-wire setup. Imma have to side with the pro on this one. It would be cool if it does fit though because you all would be the first I've seen.

Old 08-27-2010, 03:25 AM
Supper Moderator

ehhh I think I’m gonna go touch screen...sounds like too much work to have crappie sound. Now if I was only going to use reg. speakers then this sounds like a good idea.

Old 08-27-2010, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator

^agreed. If you weren't upgrading the stock system and all you wanted was a different head unit, then an OEM swap can make sense.

but if you are going aftermarket on everything else, then you want an aftermarket head unit. and in these Honda's, it's very easy. Newer Honda's (and other cars) are a different story, the radio is integrated. That is why companies make elaborate OEM integration products that provide EQ, T/A, crossovers, aux inputs, etc.

get a nice double din touch screen, buy a mounting kit from Scoche or Metra, and buy the $10 wire harness adapter. If you install new amps and speakers, run new speaker wire. In the end, the only factory wires you should be using at the harness are ignition, constant, and dimm/illumination (if applicable).

Old 08-27-2010, 08:35 AM
Supper Moderator

That’s what I'm thinking. I just really likes the looks of that CD player. But after you told me the sound quality will be kinda bad there is no reason to use all my good equipment to amplify crappie sound. I had a feeling it would come down to this but ohh well that's life right? I think I will be happier with the touch screen anyways I have wanted one for a long time.

Keep hope alive - what about using newer touch screen navi's in older accord like mine? I have found them for a steel like 250-300bucks. Any tricky wiring that would need to be done for this to work??...or is it like another CD player it can be wired to any car along as it fits in the hole in your dash?? I have never even looked at the back of a navi or touch screen players so I have no clue what I would be getting myself into. I have installed countless after market cd players in many many Hondas and other cars I just don’t know anything when it comes to the touch screens and navi systems...thanx for your help...you audio junky!

Old 08-27-2010, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

each head unit is different. in the sub $300 range i would be wary. i stick with the big names - Alpine, Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer, Eclipse, etc.

b4 you buy, read the manual. if the manual isn't available on their website - don't buy it.

Old 08-27-2010, 10:03 PM
Supper Moderator

They are stock Honda navi systems out of the newer accords is what I'm looking at...well new to me cus I'm a cb7 guy. My dad can get good deals b/c he works for Toyota here locally and sometimes they can get good deals on OEM parts from wrecked cars.
I saw some for around 250-300bucks. I just didn’t know how hard they would be to install them. Cus I have never put my hands on one be4. So I don't know if they even have RCA cables...

Old 08-27-2010, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator

ah, the newer navi units have several parts to make them function, is my understanding. an integrated radio/climate control unit and a separate screen. it's worth getting your hands on one, but i'm assuming there are multiple pieces.

a hondapartsdeals search would yield all the necessary parts and pieces for a given year/model/trim

Old 09-02-2010, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by g22cd5
humm I would like to know too cus I want to put this one in my cb7. I think it will look supper clean

Ok, i got the CD player in today. And gues what, it plugged right in, the connector is the same for it. Turn right on and it seem to fit perfect in the accord doudble DIN dash. I did not bolt it in yet because i need to have the code don't know where to get it ? Maybe dealer ? But since they will ask for the VIN number, then the unit doesn't match for the application ??? Any help of where else can i get the code ?

Quick Reply: will 05 Civic 6disc CD player fit in 99 Accord ?