Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

wiring 2 dual voice subs with enclosure

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 07:38 PM
Jasona09
Unregistered
Default wiring 2 dual voice subs with enclosure

i got a few questions about hooking up my dual voice coil subs in my 07 honda accord v6 with dual climate control. My subs are 1200 watts and i have 900 watt amplifier made by pyramid that is going serve as my power. i got my power cable ran through the firewall to positive battery terminal and my ground ran as well. my remote wire is hooked to radio fuse. now my questions are since my honda doesn't have a factory amp how can i run my suiubs with the factory head unit without tapping into my rear speakers and cutting power to them? can i run my rca to line out converter and convert my speaker outputs to rca outputs?

Last edited by Jasona09; 08-31-2009 at 07:52 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:14 PM

Factory amp or not doesn't matter in this situation so just get that out of your head. Some amps have a high-level input on them meaning it will take wire connected directly from your rear speaker wire sets. Otherwise you'll have to use a line-out converter which you will have to splice into the rear speakers and that will turn that to a low-level RCA output. Be sure to turn the gains on the line-out converter to half so you don't distort the signal by clipping.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:01 PM
Jasona09
Unregistered

well if i do wire them to my speakers will it be best to go through the head unit and into the back of stereo where the speaker outputs are or would i be better creating connection directly to the rear speakers. best buy said to use a line out converter but i dont want to take away the rear speakers for sound, you know what i mean

Old 08-31-2009, 11:58 PM

I'm actually an installer for Best Buy. You won't be taking anything from the back speakers whether you take the signal at the back of the deck or just before the harness from the rear speakers. There will not be a difference in sound. Line out is the way to go if there are no high level input options at the amp.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Jasona09
Unregistered

ok well my amp does have the rca inputs on it for high n low level outputs so i think im fine there but do think its easier to go with the line out converter than wiring directly to the rear speakers in this case

Old 09-01-2009, 06:57 PM

You have the high and low thing mixed up. A highlevel input will consist of a small plug with 4 pins in it that says high-level in. RCA's are low-level and require RCA connection from either the headunit or a line-out converter. Sounds like you don't have high-level in so your only option is the line out converter. You will still tap into the rear speaker wiring whether its behind the radio at the harness or back at each 6x9. It will do the same thing. At the rear speakers will be easier access if you don't want to take your radio out.

Old 09-02-2009, 02:35 AM
Jasona09
Unregistered

no i know what a high level input is and my amp actually has the plug for that and it has a 8 pin plug. i know the rca's are low level. i have competition subs sitting in my garage that i used to have hooked up before i moved to florida. i just had a bose radio to hook them up to so it made it a little easier. now if i want to use the 4 pin high level input what will i need to hook into it. because i was talking to a audio company that recommended a plug that fits the honda that plugs into the amp and connects to the radio to convert it over. but if i tap into the rear speakers with the line out converter, i will need to run a speaker wire to the positive and negative of the rear speakers and then run the rear speaker wires to the amp correct?

Old 09-02-2009, 12:33 PM

Either way you need to run speaker wires from the rear speakers for the high-level 8-pin plug or line out converter. High-level would be the way to go on this one cause your letting the amp convert which will result in easier setup and a little better sound with your factory deck.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:44 PM
Jasona09
Unregistered

ok now what is easiest way to do that i have 14 guage wire . do i need to cut the connector plug of the rear speakers or can i by pass it and tap into the wires to the rear speakers and run them into the high level input plug. now where can i get the high level plug for the amp ?

Old 09-23-2009, 06:47 PM
lotz6996
Unregistered

google "quick snap wire splice". that's one way to do it. other than that you can strip a small section and solder a new wire into it. just google "wire splice"

Quick Reply: wiring 2 dual voice subs with enclosure