Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

XM Radio

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 10:24 AM
Default XM Radio

Hello I am new to the forum but not new to Accords.

I had a 93 Honda Accord and put about 200,000 miles on it before I decided to get a new one. In my old Accord I had 2 12 inch subs Navi Xm radio, the whole shabang.

I want to keep my new Accord nice, clean, and OEM. What would be the best route to go with to put XM radio in my car, but keeping it nice and OEM looking. I am a great fan of hiding stuff in my car, and if I put XM in my car I dont want it to be an eye sore. Is there anyway to integrate it in my system, or if not, does anyone know of a good place to hide the receiver. Thanks.

Old 07-27-2007, 11:35 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: XM Radio

you could mount the receiver in the pocket, and the antenna on the back deck...if the windows are tinited, wouldnt be able to see it....

problem is the input. unless you go with an FM modulator, you've already used your aux with the ipod i believe, though i could be wrong

Old 07-27-2007, 12:01 PM

Isn't there a satellite radio option for the 07? I thought you could get it added later as well, or at least you could on Acuras along with intergrated iPod support.

Old 07-27-2007, 02:15 PM

Welcome to the forum new member! =)

The radios should have an xm option but like smaglik said the ipod interface uses the aux input needed for the xm radio so i dunt think you can use the xm controls on the stock radio. if you have a separate xm tuner you can try to mount it in your glove compartment or sumtin? and hook it up to the extra aux port on your usa spec

Old 07-27-2007, 06:29 PM

Yeah, I dont know I was thinking about putting it in the glovebox, but then again it is not as easily accesible.

What do you think about the sunglasses holder. Is it possible to run the wires, or is just a complete headache.

Smajlik pretty much has the same car as I, except with rims and steering wheel controls. According to the dealer you cant put XM radio and work it through the factory deck unless the XM button appears on the radio itself, and in my case it is just CD/AUX.

Old 07-28-2007, 12:29 AM

how big is the xm radio? will it fit in the sunglass holder? it might not be that hard to wire it up there like maybe run through the a pillar and under the headliner or sumtin. i think itll be easiest to put it in the cubby under the radio. easy access and it really wont look too aftermarket actually you can always close the cubby and nobody would even know.

Old 07-28-2007, 07:32 PM

good idea on the sunglass holder...

Old 07-29-2007, 09:55 AM

I was just looking in my car where can I put this thing, and bam the sunglasses holder came up. I went to a Audio Shop and asked them if they could do it, and the guy said alot of people put it there, and they have special XM radios that are meant to be put in the holder. I am planning on having them put it in in a week, pictures will for sure be added once its finished.