Detailing Discuss detailing your Accord within.

For all the Smokers out there

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 03:01 PM
Default RE: For all the Smokers out there

ORIGINAL: falkore24

00: recirculate just means no outside air. if you have outside air on, about 80% is recirculated. Straight outside air is too much for the heat and AC to handle.
I'll take your work for it there. You are the HVAC expert

Old 11-13-2007, 03:04 PM

Dip.... ah... can't do it. Makes me sick, I need to quit sometime soon too but as you said, that smokey goodness....

I'm a HUGE ***** when I quit to so I'm worried about that.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:15 PM

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

I'm a HUGE ***** when I quit to so I'm worried about that.
Me too. I quit for 3 days when I had pneumonia last Thanksgiving (My wife gave it to me, she was all better by the time I got it. I had it on Thanksgiving day!)
When I first dipped I got kind of sick and vowed I would never do it again. Of course I was about 11 or soand I was riding a 4 wheeler while I was dipping for the first time, so the motion had something to do with the head buzz as well. I've been smoking on a regular basis since I was about 15 when I could get them myself (in the small town I was in I could buy beer in some places as early as 15.) before then I used to steal them from my parents (they quit when I was about 15.) Then I went off to college and when I would come home my parents started smoking again and they obviously knew I smoked, and had probably known for a long time but never said anything to me about it.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:22 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

after about 2 weeks, the attitude thing goes away. About a month after you quit, you will start coughing BAD. That's when your lungs start cleaning themselves. In college I used to smoke about 25 cigs a day. I've quit many times and now I only smoke socially which comes to about 5 cigs a month. As long as it doesn't affect my breathing or stamina, the few don't bother me ..... also, I use smoking as a tool to help building personnel relate to me as a person rather than "the engineer". These guys are contractually obligated to do what I tell them and that kinda sets up a barrier. Me going out for a smoke with them helps ease the situation because they tend to let down their guard and just BS for 5 minutes.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:40 PM

I quit for a few days about 2 years ago (I was in kuwait with the military at that time) and nearly got into a lot of trouble for spouting off to superiors. I was mean enough that my friend asked me to start smoking again *L*

I agree with the smoking thing. If you are a smoker and someone else is then standing there having a cig with them usually makes them feel better.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:44 PM

Cabin filters? No.. where are those located?

I recently took out the center dash to do my stereo replacment, but didn't notice any filters in there.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:51 PM

Here's a spoon fed answer. This is from our DIY section

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/HOW...m_20341/tm.htm

Old 11-13-2007, 04:36 PM

LOL ..... Jon!!! how did you post that under nasty's name!!!

Old 11-13-2007, 04:55 PM

I was just about to tell him I guess I'm rubbing off on him

Old 11-13-2007, 05:36 PM

Keep in mind this is coming from a heavy smoker:the solution is to stop smoking in the car. That's what I'm trying to do. I know it's not the answer you want but ashes fly all over and the smell permeates everything and will never totally come out. There is no good answer. It's like asking how stay clean while you are rolling in mud.

The smell makes me want to puke every time I open the car door, so I roll down the window and light one up - problem solved. I'll probably be dead before retirement, then I won't have to worry about it anymore.

Quick Reply: For all the Smokers out there