Detailing Discuss detailing your Accord within.

Best detailing products? Wax? Leather care?

Old 06-22-2011, 02:53 PM
Default Best detailing products? Wax? Leather care?

What products do you guys/girls think are the best?

Wax? I use meguiars gold class.. Any better suggestions?

Leather conditioner/cleaner? I use meguiars rich leather cream.. Works well but my seats are still cracking.. I apply 3-4 times a year or more.. Anyone else have this problem?

Wheel cleaner?

Clay bar? Thinking about trying the mothers clay bar.. Anyone tried this?

Headlight restorer? Never tried this.. They work?

Gotta keep her lookin clean
Wondering what products you guys use

Thanks,
Jay

Old 06-25-2011, 11:53 PM
Almost A Senior Member

I stopped using wax when clear coat paint jobs took over in the 1990 era. I only use TR-3 Resin Glaze....An outstanding product that lasts much longer than wax. It is a liquid product applied with a sponge waxing pad, it removes all oxidation, stains, bird crud, and leaves you with a finish that will blow you away. I used it once a year on my midnight blue Tundra and 9 yrs later it looks absolutely flawless. It is non abrasive and will not leave swirl marks in the clear coat. TR-3 was created for use on aircraft to maintain the finish against ozone, and oxidation from constant exposure to sunlight. I get mine from Autozone or Pep Boys...About $7.50 for a 16oz container.

Last edited by bigpat; 07-17-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Pretty pricey stuff at $750 for 24 oz. Perhaps a missing decimal? Looks to be available on Amaozon for <$6 for 16 oz can. I'll have to try some.

good luck

Old 06-26-2011, 11:24 PM
Almost A Senior Member

OOOPS--- I corrected my earlier post to $7.50 per pint....

Old 07-11-2011, 09:49 PM

I've actually been using Armor All for about a year in my Accord and I don't see any detrimental effects on the vinyl at all. In fact it makes the vinyl nice and clean and soft feeling, almost like leather. And the black surfaces (radio *****, turn signal control, etc) get nice and shiny like new.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:40 AM
Newest Of Newbies

I've been a Zaino "zombie" for over a decade.

I love how long the shine lasts and the water beads so well.

I even polish windshields with Zaino Z2 since it makes the water fly right off to where you don't even need your wipers on when it rains.

Old 07-17-2011, 02:47 AM
Administrator
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Paul79UF
I've been a Zaino "zombie" for over a decade.

I love how long the shine lasts and the water beads so well.

I even polish windshields with Zaino Z2 since it makes the water fly right off to where you don't even need your wipers on when it rains.

In other words on the windows it works just like good old trusted Rain-X.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:45 PM

If you want to try a clay bar treatment I would personally recommend the Mothers California Gold system. It comes with Mothers Showtime instant detailing spray and a microfiber cloth. The open spoke wheels on my 6th gen accord left a lot of brake dust on the door panels which I didn't realize it was a problem until the brake dust started to rust to my doors, thankfully with some elbow grease and determination the clay bar will smooth out the clear coat and remove imperfections such as imbedded brake dust. Just keep the panel wet with the Showtime spray and fold the clay as you go, I always wear disposable medical gloves while detailing my cars especially when doing a clay bar treatment. Im hooked on the clay bar system, I use it on my entire car before I apply Wet Paint Glaze.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:28 PM

the mothers california gold clay bar kit worked great for me. it gave me a very slick surface - even my fiber cloth kept sliding off the hood. but they don't give you very much clay.

Old 05-04-2013, 10:44 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Mothers claybar kit to clean and prep the paint and Auto Glym Wax and Polish to protect the paint and leave a stellar shine.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best detailing products? Wax? Leather care?