Detailing Discuss detailing your Accord within.

Maaco?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 08:36 PM
JT
Unregistered
Default Maaco?

I've noticed many commercial ads for the ambassador paint job for $250. I've been doing some research looking at what people say about the paint job and the only people I see with negative comments about it are people that live in the north, where snow and salt take over the entry level paint. I live in Texas so snow and salt are the least of my worries since it never snows here. Does anyone have any comments or thoughts about the ambassador paint job that dont deal with northern conditions.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Default RE: Maaco?

I've used them one time for a scrape and they screwed it up royally. They finallymade it right and went out of business two days later. Let's face it, regardless of where you are, a $250 paint job is a $250 paint job. If you're not expecting much then you won't be disappointed. I'm sure it's like anywhere else....some shops aregood and some are awful. The problem is that I've never heard of a good one.

Old 06-28-2007, 12:58 AM

My brother owns a nissan pickup and his friend owns a ford mustang. THey both went to maaco and got a cheap paint job for something like 300 dollars. The paint jobs turned out alright but the quality of the paint itself and how long it will last is what makes it so cheap. Also, if you do end up getting one of these cheaper paint jobs make sure you take off all the lights etc. so that they can spray the paint where the lights were for no extra charge. Hope this helps.

Old 06-28-2007, 03:55 AM

might as well pull out the spray paint..[:-]

Old 07-12-2007, 04:58 PM

Maaco paint jobs are great if your painting it Friday ... selling it Saturday .. with a tail light guarantee...

Old 07-12-2007, 11:13 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: Jesstzn

Maaco paint jobs are great if your painting it Friday ... selling it Saturday .. with a tail light guarantee...
agreed. dont use maaco if you care about the results.