Detailing Discuss detailing your Accord within.

My AC gives a foul smell: PLZ help

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 12:22 AM
Default RE: My AC gives a foul smell: PLZ help

It is inheritant Honda problem IMO my 84, 87, 98 & 2001 had the same thing. 19Accord97 is exactly right about turning off your A/C a bit before your destination just to rid off the moisture in the evap. Also when you leave the air blowing make sure it’s not set to “recirculation” air. BTW, is it really humid where you live? If that is the case you may want to turn your air control to “vent” no A/C , set the fan speed to 2-3, not the full blast and run a can of Lysol trough the intake vents under the hood in short blasts, cause it takes time for the “fog” to go though the vents… After you are done just leave the car in your garage with windows open and the next morning if it’s not too hot outside, do the hot air trick & you should be all set for at least a couple of month & if you’re going to repeat same procedure every 3-4 month you should be fine. I don’t know if battling the dealer is your cupatea, it’s just not worth it to me, especially if there is nothing they can really do to it…. But if you are fitin’ kinda guy go ferit

Old 06-27-2007, 01:21 PM

That all sounds great. Where exactly are the intake vents under the hood that I need to spray the Lysol? Thanks for your help!

Old 06-29-2007, 09:50 AM

Under the very top of your hood, above the rubber weatherstrip and below your windshield wiper arms. Just turn on your fan to the max and see where the air is getting sucked in, you'll find it very easy.

Old 06-29-2007, 10:06 AM

oh, and do make sure that water does drain from the A/C system. Unless you shut off the A/C prior to parking you should see water drainage under the passenger side, just about where is the passengers feet are @

Old 07-24-2007, 06:01 PM

Same problem with my 06 accord, and 90 integra. It's like the on/off thing, don't know when to expect it. Just make sure to let ur friends know when they sit in the car and you turn on the AC, could get the wrong impression especially new date..:P

Old 07-24-2007, 06:39 PM

my ac smells like weed man...

Old 07-25-2007, 10:01 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I actually had a squirrel nest in the ducting on my 95...dealer took it out...twice haha

Old 08-16-2007, 10:29 PM

Mine has the same problem, but the smell doesn't last that long nor is it unbearable enough to make me open the windows, my friend's car had the same problem and he has the same model as mine

Old 08-17-2007, 04:45 AM

One time I had a foul smell coming from my A/C.

I found out that I had bad B.O. and I had the A/C on recirculation.

I was going to fix it but but decided to put up with the smell.

Old 08-17-2007, 06:33 AM
Administrator

Was this car a Flood car from the New Orleans Hurricain era?
Did you ever check the Vin number to see?

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Quick Reply: My AC gives a foul smell: PLZ help