DIY Answers. This section is for the staff of HAF to post detailed DIYs in response to the requests by the members.

NOS system

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 06:10 PM
Default NOS system

hi guys
is nitrous system a good idea for increasing HP? I just recently did research on Drivewire.com and they have a kit that fits my car. They claimed that my 2000 V6 sedan will get 60hp for just only $593.70 which sounds like a pretty good deal to me but i dont know if NOS will be a hassle to maintance or will it damage the engine? thanks for the inputs..

Old 04-30-2006, 05:35 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: NOS system

600 seems a bit much in my opinion, there will be eventual wear on your engine, but it wont matter all that much as long as you dont run it for more then a few seconds in a given amount of time. But im a person who doesnt believe in no2.

Old 04-30-2006, 12:01 PM

as long as you arnt trigger happy you should be fine with the proper install and set up

Old 04-30-2006, 09:44 PM

keep in mind that n2o is caustic and will snack on an aluminum motor with time. That's not to say that a safe install won't provide you with the extra power you want for years to come, but don't the road your internals (especially your valves) may feel the pain if you end up trigger happy. and once you put that system on, you might be very trigger happy!

Old 05-01-2006, 02:18 AM
Administrator

Hi Member...I'm writing a sticky for this forum on the Nitrous and will post it pretty soon so look for it..here's one thing for you for sure to naw on...Yes..if carefully used and your car is tuned, A Nitrous system is the Biggest Power-Per-Dollar Performance Enhancement you can make on your Honda Car..

WheelBrokerAng

ORIGINAL: Green_Accord

hi guys
is nitrous system a good idea for increasing HP? I just recently did research on Drivewire.com and they have a kit that fits my car. They claimed that my 2000 V6 sedan will get 60hp for just only $593.70 which sounds like a pretty good deal to me but i dont know if NOS will be a hassle to maintance or will it damage the engine? thanks for the inputs..

Old 05-01-2006, 04:03 AM
Administrator
Default RE:* Nitrous Oxide System Information*

Nitrous Oxide as a HorsePower source can appear to be a miracle or a curse, this depends on your experience with it. It's a fact that nitrous oxide is the simplest, quickest, and cheapest way for you to gain Serious Horsepower for your car... but you can also court Disaster if you don't follow the rules that come enclosed in your installation kit .

There are two types of Nitrous Kits you can buy...The Dry System and The Wet System.
The dry system has been designed for the factory fuel injected engines and have a nozzle
and solenoid for the Nitrous, the nozzle may be almost anywhere in the intake system; behind the MAF sensor (if equiped) and ahead of the throttle body , this is typical.. The dry systems fuel pressure is raised during the WOT (wide open throttle) period of nitrous usage and reverts back to the stock fuel pressure in all your other driving conditions.

The Wet System of the nitrous will have your solenoids for the nitrous and fuel, both of which
are turned on when the nitrous system is activated. The fuel and the nitrous are plumbed into a single injector that merges the two together, the gas and the oxidizer as they enter your engine.
More sophisticated wet systems may also have a N2O nozzle for each cylinder of the engine, and one or more fuel nozzles mounted separetly. In High-Output Racing applications, individually feeding each cylinder allows for tuning each cylinder seperatly for control. These extra nozzles also mean that there is ample supply's of nitrous and fuel for very high-horsepower installations.

When done right, a nitrous kit is one of the best horsepower-per-dollar investments you can make. Nitrous is one of the most popular power adders for small engines. The smallest nitrous kits offer at least a 50 horsepower gain for an investment of about $450 to $500 dollars.
In other engine bolt on systems that same $500. wouldn't even cover a good cat-back exhaust system that would only net you about 12 to 15 horsepower. Now kits are also available that can add up to 300 hp, because the more nitrous and fuel you put together, the more Power your engine makes and that can also mean up to the point where your engine comes apart. You may have heard horror stories about engine disasters caused by nitrous oxide , but in most cases the cause was in the fault of the tuner tuneing the engine wrong.

One of the most universal sport compact kits just happens to be from Nitrous Express and is one that is adjustable from 35-50-75 horsepower levels-this wet style kit needs No electronics for timing retard and uses the stock fuel pump to boot.

This information should give you the starting insite as to if and why you just might want to get that shot of instant HorsePower we all seem to crave...flick the switch and in a second you are

WheelBrokerAng

Old 05-04-2012, 02:11 PM

For those who have it, can you feel the difference once you hit the trigger?

Old 05-04-2012, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

Yes you can.