Do-It-Yourself Section This section is for requests for DIY help, not for general technical advice.

Replaced drivers side Rear strut end link

Old 09-01-2009, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

Good job. Here's my thoughts...

Get some JACK STANDS. It's not safe to use just a hydraulic jack to work underneath the car. Maybe it's just the picture, because you do talk about the jackstand in your text. I'd hate to see a car fall on someone.

If you lift BOTH sides off the ground, then the swaybar will be much closer to position. Some people may find this easier than putting a jack under the knuckle. In fact, I find this the easiest way to put the car on stands. Use the jack in the center-rear, then put the stands under the car on both sides.

I was gonna rotate your 3rd & 4th picture to make them upright. But then the text labels would be sideways. Wanna fix those & put em back in?

I'm surprised that the old fasteners were inch-size...?

Finally, put in the year/model of your car. Your signature will change next time you buy a different car. This should apply to 1998-2002. I'm pretty sure the 2-door & 4-door suspensions are almost the same. My 2003 even looks pretty much the same.