Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

07 4cyl. 4-dr accord EX

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default 07 4cyl. 4-dr accord EX

Does the 07 4cyl. 4-dr accord EX have Mass Air Flow Sensor?

Old 08-06-2011, 06:58 PM

I have an 07 4dr 4cyl. 2.4L LX and it has a MAF, I don't see why the EX wouldn't have one. I know if you don't have one for some reason, you can easily get one off a website and install it yourself

Old 08-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by kristech
I have an 07 4dr 4cyl. 2.4L LX and it has a MAF, I don't see why the EX wouldn't have one. I know if you don't have one for some reason, you can easily get one off a website and install it yourself
So if it has a MAF does that mean only fujita intake will be compatible with this model?

Old 08-06-2011, 07:08 PM

Yeah from my understanding the only cold air intake for the k24's (the honda k engine) is the fujita...

Old 08-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Yeah from my understanding the only cold air intake for the k24's (the honda k engine) is the fujita...
I was looking at this K&N CA intake and it says it fits k24's, here is the link. Check it out and tell me what you think, thanks.

K&N Cold Air Intake 04-07 Honda Accord 69-1209TS | eBay

Old 08-06-2011, 07:35 PM

I am pretty sure that would work too. I mean it says it fits the K24's and the people who make them are gear heads, so I don't see the problem.
I have used K&N on other types of cars and its my favorite brand. I do know you are right in getting the intake that points up, cause I know the one the bends down has a lot of problems cause it has a higher risk of obtaining water and we all know water in engine= bad bad bad. But I don't think that model of intake would fit into your engine anyways.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I am pretty sure that would work too. I mean it says it fits the K24's and the people who make them are gear heads, so I don't see the problem.
I have used K&N on other types of cars and its my favorite brand. I do know you are right in getting the intake that points up, cause I know the one the bends down has a lot of problems cause it has a higher risk of obtaining water and we all know water in engine= bad bad bad. But I don't think that model of intake would fit into your engine anyways.
Yeah I don't think short ram will fit in my model. But thanks for the help.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:56 PM

no problem, hope it works out for yeah! I think it will though... I just thought I'd answer cause we have the same year car

Old 08-07-2011, 03:01 PM
Supper Moderator

the K&N in the link you posted is a SHORT RAM intake NOT a cold air intake. Cold air intake sitting the filter in your fender well for the colder air. Hint's the name cold air intake. Also I don't see where the sensor plugs into. So you will throw a cel and car won't run right since you will be confusing the ECU. If it does have the spot for the sensor it will be fine and work with no prob.s

As for the hydro locking issue (sucking up water) Buy a AEM bypass valve and you won't ever hydo lock even if your filter is completely submerged in water.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:33 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by g22cd5
the K&N in the link you posted is a SHORT RAM intake NOT a cold air intake. Cold air intake sitting the filter in your fender well for the colder air. Hint's the name cold air intake. Also I don't see where the sensor plugs into. So you will throw a cel and car won't run right since you will be confusing the ECU. If it does have the spot for the sensor it will be fine and work with no prob.s

As for the hydro locking issue (sucking up water) Buy a AEM bypass valve and you won't ever hydo lock even if your filter is completely submerged in water.
I think the pic they have is wrong because if you read the description on the bottom it clearly says

"Part 69-1209TS Product Specifications

Product Style: 69 Series Typhoon Kits
Estimated Horsepower Gain: 7.13 HP @ 5111 RPM
Color: Silver
Replacement Filter: RU-4870
Street Legal In All US States: No
>>>System Type: Cold-Air Intake System<<<
TUV Approved (Europe): No
Weight: 7.4 lb (3.4 kg)
Product Box Length: 18.25 in (464 mm)
Product Box Width: 14.5 in (368 mm)
Product Box Height: 8.5 in (216 mm)"

and if not, then can you send me a link with showing the description and pricing details of an "AEM bypass valve"

Quick Reply: 07 4cyl. 4-dr accord EX