Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

2001 honda accord engine swap possibilities...

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 09:36 PM
Default 2001 honda accord engine swap possibilities...

So, Im brand new to this site, I own a Automatic 2001 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 VTEC. I'm just now breaking 175,000 miles on the car, and I love it to death, but am ready to give it a new makeover. I want the pro's and con's of the fastest possible motor I can put in the car that would still be street legal. I want to go all motor with the car because turbo would just be too much work and time that I dont have. I was looking at the Euro-R but have been reading up about it and dont know if it's possible. I'm mainly looking for something that is gonna be highly moddable, with the fastest acceleration, that's gonna be able to drag a 1/4th mile. I'm not looking for something that's gonna be totally ridiculous but something that I could take to the track if i felt like it, or be able to use it as a daily driver. I am looking to swap it out with a manual transmission. Price isen't an issue right now, I will take that into consideration after I figure out which motor would be best to drop in there, but please do give me all available options that I do have that I would be more than satisfied with. all comments are appreciated. Thank you.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator

I've heard of swapping from an Acura TL-S. Get the 6-speed manual transmission too.

The whole business of being street-legal depends on where you live.