Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

2005 Honda Accord Engine Rattling

Old 12-03-2006, 02:09 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 2005 Honda Accord Engine Rattling

have dealer check for excessive journal wear......if the valves are within spec

Old 02-02-2007, 03:41 PM

where is the rattle coming from and give me more description of it... if its from the front middle back, head or block, now dont give me i think its a valve or something just location and also give me a desent description of the sound... rattle isent much... is it a rattle like a baby rattle a clicking a chirping... go out pop the hood and look (also the i-vtec heads click a little normaly so if thats ur problem dont worry)

Old 02-05-2007, 08:00 AM

i have an 04 accord with the same engine in it.... it makes a "click" "click" "click" noise from the rear bank that changes with engine speed... i dont know when mine started... but the car has 74k on it and runs just fine... it has had it for a while... i use synthetic motor oil and high dollar filters because of how mush i drive it.... and i have noticed that the noise is just realy annoying... i dont seem to have any problems...

my noise is comming from the top of the #1 cylinder in the valve cover... but like i said it runs fine.... i do have a loss of power but it has been through a lot so it needs a tune up... but other than that mine is great....

Old 04-19-2007, 03:22 PM

do the J30s have timing belts? sucks to be them... MMMM K has nice chains!!!

if ur getting a click like tap tap tap tap... ur vavles are just out of adjustment... its no biggie... almost all K series have the problem 2...

Old 04-20-2007, 12:51 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I get this weird rattling noise while I'm idling at drive or complete to a stop in drive. Is it because I removed the resonator? It goes away as soon as I accelerate. I think it's coming from the intake area (?) not sure...

Old 04-21-2007, 04:03 AM

it could jsut be ur heat shield over ur headers... LOL arent hondas knowns for that... :S

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2005 Honda Accord Engine Rattling

Advertising

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.