Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

6-speed manual transmission!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 11:00 PM
Default 6-speed manual transmission!!!

Would a 6-speed transmission from a 04-06 accord coupe v6 fit into my i4 accord coupe? cuz i really want to swap my no fun automatic transmission out!!! Please any help on how it would be done or how long or required tools would be useful thanks! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-07...ayphotohosting

Old 01-04-2007, 01:36 AM
Default RE: 6-speed manual transmission!!!

no but a 6 of a tsx or rsx will

Old 01-05-2007, 03:05 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

actually it could..... how much money do you have to put into custom fabrication?

Old 01-05-2007, 03:19 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: marbro

actually it could..... how much money do you have to put into custom fabrication?
Ahaa my favorite ?? How much Money does it take to do..
I'll lend you some here...

[IMG]local://upfiles/22/0708CFB8D5E14B1EA8022E847139D7FF.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-12-2007, 03:34 AM
pr3z
Unregistered

would the tsx/rsx trannylink up to a h22?

Old 03-23-2007, 04:16 PM
97accordF22
Unregistered

Found this thread and just want to confirm. I am new to this board btw and also new to Honda's. I have a '97 Accord SE with a F22/b2 engine and auto trans. I am not new to trans swaps, but never done one for a Honda.

I want to ditch the auto for either a 5 speed or a 6 speed. 6 is more desirable but I am assuming way more expensive just because the 6 will bring a premium where as I am sure I can source a 5 cheap.

Anyhow, if I understand correctly a 2004 Acura TSX 6 Speed will be a direct bolt up to the F22 in my Accord? Is there anymore headache to doing a 6 speed versus a 5 speed in the Honda?

Thanks!

Old 03-23-2007, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator

Upthru 2002 Honda's 4-cylinder engines spin the opposite direction to the rest of the world. Consequently the engine is mounted in the opposite direction in the engine bay.

Putting a 2004 TSX tranny onto a '97 F22 ??
If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Better to get a 5-speed from a '93-'02 4-cyl Accord

Old 03-23-2007, 11:34 PM
97accordF22
Unregistered

hehe funny, if I have to ask I can't afford it?? I am just trying to find info buddy,and I know I can afford it, I pay more tax than you probably make in a year.Just cause I am tweaking on a'97 doesn't mean I don't have money, it's parked next to my Porsche, Mercedes, RockCrawler/Truggy, Boat and Excursion to tow all my toys. The Honda is our commuting car, and we happen to like the '97 body lines.

Freakin loser.

If anyone has some intelligent advice to offer I am interested...

Old 03-24-2007, 12:07 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: 97accordF22

hehe funny, if I have to ask I can't afford it?? I am just trying to find info buddy,and I know I can afford it, I pay more tax than you probably make in a year.Just cause I am tweaking on a'97 doesn't mean I don't have money, it's parked next to my Porsche, Mercedes, RockCrawler/Truggy, Boat and Excursion to tow all my toys. The Honda is our commuting car, and we happen to like the '97 body lines.

Freakin loser.

If anyone has some intelligent advice to offer I am interested...
You dont seem to be a nice person, though I could be wrong. I am surprised I didnt see a link to a picture of your p*nis too, since you seem to be enjoying showing off all your toys. I am happy you are rich. What is your address? I would like to send you some sand to pound.

Old 03-24-2007, 01:01 AM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

Im going to second smaglik on this. I hate people who feel the need to brag about their possessions. Whether they are lying or not is a whole other story, but just the fact that they feel that they need to brag about their "toys" irritates me. So some of us cant afford a whole bunch of cars, whats your point? If you really have so much money, why did you even ask if it was expensive to swap in a TSX 6 speed? As a matter of fact, if you are so rich, why didnt you just take your Accord to a shop, write them a blank check, and say "Put a TSX 6 speed in my car."?

Quick Reply: 6-speed manual transmission!!!