Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

96 Accord Throwing O2 Sensor Error

Old 03-05-2006, 04:10 PM
Administrator
Default RE: 96 Accord Throwing O2 Sensor Error

Hi Duke 16..
1St off let me welcome you to the New Member Forum..

I'm going to move your post to the help area but I want the other members to Recognize you as a new member 1st..

Thank You [sm=smiley32.gif] for joining..and I will answer you question in the other forum that I'm sending you off to..

WheelBrokerAng

Old 03-05-2006, 04:53 PM
Administrator

Well Duke , here is some help for you...

Bank 1 on your 4cyl is the one in front of you when you looking at your engine, sensor 1 is the one before the cat converter.
Your P135 code can be caused by the oxygen sensor being defective of course, also you could have a poor connection st the oxegen sensor (bad plug), and there is a chance that your sensor hasn't been changed in the last 80,000 miles and just needs to be done. The sensor has an electrical check which most people dont want to do, but thats because it'd easier to Just Change It...

Again Thanks for joining the forums and I hope the answer helped you out...

WheelBrokerAng
[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 03-07-2006, 09:27 PM

You can remove the sensor without removing the shield. I use an O2 socket, or clip the wires (if I'm not reusing the sensor) and use a deep socket.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 96 Accord Throwing O2 Sensor Error

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.