Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

96 honda accord ex v6

Old 12-05-2014, 02:40 PM
Default 96 honda accord ex v6

i have a 96 honda accord ex v6 and i am wanting to make it vtec to get a little more power out of it. what all do i need to do this. i mean i know i would need a new set of heads but what else would i need? and also how hard would it be to switch it over to a manual trans?

Old 12-05-2014, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator

I'm not aware of much aftermarket help for the C27 engines....or trans swaps, you might find a trans from an acura in the era that will fit

The 5th gen V6's were kind of an odd ball.

Old 12-05-2014, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by chrisfutrell View Post
i have a 96 honda accord ex v6 and i am wanting to make it vtec to get a little more power out of it. what all do i need to do this. i mean i know i would need a new set of heads but what else would i need? and also how hard would it be to switch it over to a manual trans?
Your best bet is to sell your 1996 and buy something more to your liking. You could probably buy a MUCH newer Accord equipped the way you want it for less than the cost of converting your car.

Old 12-05-2014, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator

In that era, for the U.S. Accords, VTEC was only in the 4 cylinders. For JDM, there was a J25 V6 SOHC with VTEC.

Like what was previously said, better to just sell it and buy something else if you wanted more power.

Search this Thread
Advertising

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.