Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

98 Electrical issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 12:00 AM
Marco
Unregistered
Default 98 Electrical issue

I have a 98 Honda Accord that was wrecked about 3 weeks ago. By insurance standards it would have been totalled however with a couple parts form the junk yard it is running like it was pre accident for under 2400$. Car hit a curb doing about 20mph. Extensive underbody damage, tweaked the body it is now kinked up by the moonrook so it doesnt open anymore. The door frame is a little out of wack but with a little force the door shuts. Fender caved in, bumper was broken. All fixed car looks like it did when it was brand new.

So here is the issue, I brought up the accident because I figured it may have something to do with it, Two days ago the dash lights(illumination of speedo,rpm,fuel,clock,and radio) flickered on and off a few times. THen they cut out and haven't come back on since.
Then today the same thing happened but with the taillights. Flickered a couple times then cut out. Brake lights and Reverse lights work
I checked all fuses in the three main fuse blocks(Engine Compartment,Drivers side and passenger side dash) ALl of the fuses lit up with my test light, I played with the relays underhood by swapping them all around until I was satisfied that they were all working.

Is there a fuse block I am missing? I didn't notcie any fuse locations specifically labeled for dash or taillights. Although a couple I did check were combination fuses(Illumination + Reverse lights) All of the other dash lights(example: abs, srs, door ajar, electronic mileage gauge)work

DO you guys know the specific fuses that would be effected? I have minor knowledge in this area and anywhere I seem to look keeps bringing me back to the ICU, however the only related issue is the dash lights.

I could really use some help before I have to spend a fortune at a shop for electrical diagnostics(that or I am just overlooking something)

Old 11-10-2007, 12:04 PM
Default RE: 98 Electrical issue

when you tested the fuses did you pull them out and check them or did you just stick your testlight probe into the block on one side of each fuse?

Old 11-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Marco
Unregistered
Default RE: 98 Electrical issue

I just stuck the light into both sides of the fuses. Is that wrong? I have never been big on electrical diagnostics, but doing it that way has worked basically every other time