Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

accord v. jetta

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 08:35 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: accord v. jetta

I have a 98 f23 auto..... I noticed a difference but it was only a 1/4 inch increase in the exaust in the end, I dont know specifics because i didnt dyno it.... and i couldnt justify a dyno on just i/h/e..... the most you can pray for on a 4cyl is 10 to 15 hp from that but 2 1/2 dc sports header, highflow cat, cant remember the brand, and thermal cat back....... i plan to upgrade the cat to http://www.modacar.com/products/Honda/Accord/MODAHFC..... if i can find a 65mm+ throttle body that has cruise control and im thinking of this intake manifold http://www.inlinefour.com/aceurinman.html i know too much info for most to care about.... but its a throw up on tips and opinions ^_^

Old 01-29-2006, 09:17 PM
rilos99
Unregistered

vtech controler, header, exhaust, cold air, and if you can take some wieght off of it then go find an m3 bmw and give them hell. forget the jetta you probably would have to wait up for it. unless its been tuned?

Old 01-29-2006, 10:16 PM

a vtec controller seems a bit much for near stock applications, but its not like you cant get a regrind on your cam for the same price, and depending on the regrind the valve springs and retainer wont have to be changed

Old 01-30-2006, 06:11 PM

ORIGINAL: marbro

a vtec controller seems a bit much for near stock applications, but its not like you cant get a regrind on your cam for the same price, and depending on the regrind the valve springs and retainer wont have to be changed
Yeah, but i wouldn't suggest regrinding your cam, i'd get a new one instead (regrinded). and i think if you change the valve spring and the retainer it would be useless, since you're trying to create a slightly bigger valve overlap.

Old 01-30-2006, 06:18 PM

for the purpose of having the stock cam and second cam? is that what you mean? or are you talking about a new billet cam?

Old 01-30-2006, 09:15 PM

ORIGINAL: marbro

for the purpose of having the stock cam and second cam? is that what you mean? or are you talking about a new billet cam?
for the new billet cam

Old 01-31-2006, 12:37 AM

too bad it has to be a custom from scratch cam

Old 01-31-2006, 09:08 AM

i think most performance companies offer reginds for accords. if you change the spring and the retainer... and maybe even a DPR lightweight valve, you would be looking and some serious changes in your engines behavior. your cars tach out at a certain area because of valve lift, and valvetrain inertia. people with vtech have motors that are designed to operate optimally above 5000 rpm. the limit on your motors is really the mass of the valvetrain components, if you can shed a few grams in your retainers and valves and springs, your motor iwll happily rev quite a bit higher and produce even more power.

Old 01-31-2006, 09:27 AM

*nods* which is what ive been looking for but everything points to custom valves and springs and i just cant seem to find the answers i need even tho i found a spring set thats good up to 9000 rpms (not that the stock rings would be happy with that at this point) but my goal is more to having my max rev at 7200 which is feasible but i need to find out if the acura f23a1 engine is the same as mine..... i would assume so but i dont like the idea of assuming

Old 01-31-2006, 04:40 PM

I have an '03 Accord, V-6. I've put an AEM cold air, Magnaflow cat-back and I'm awaiting a new throttle body
With those mods( minus the thottle body ) I feel a real kick in the pants when accelerating. I like the Magnaflow becuase of it's nice sound and it doesn't sound riced out. More like a late 60s' muscle car.

Quick Reply: accord v. jetta