Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Advice...

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 01:30 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Advice...

Alright im sure you get a question like this all the time and im sure your gonna tell me to search and do research, i have and i need more from people that know their stuff about Honda's =P

As many of you know i've got an 89 Accord DX that came with the A20A1 Carb'd engine. I've been wanting to swap the engine for a fuel injected engine for a while now, pretty much a couple weeks after i got the car. I've been looking around and reading some threads on here about engine swaps and advice on how to get the most power and what not. So here are my questions...

I've been looking at both EFI and MPFI injection systems for the better part of an hour...I've learned that MPFI can have better fuel efficiency, better fuel delivery, more consistant delivery, and overall power creation...Though i couldnt find any huge pluses for EFI...so i ask...whats the advantages of EFI versus MPFI?

If i did swap out my carb'd engine for a fuel injected...wont i have to do a ton of work to pretty much everything so it'll work? For example...will the stock fuel lines for a low pressure carb'd engine work for a high pressure fuel injected engine? Wont i be removing all of the vacuum lines and the air control box? Im pretty sure if i use an 89 LXi engine, i can just bolt the tranny up from my current until i can get a better one...right?

Thank you for your answers...it'll really help me out in figuring out what im going to do...