Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Best wires and plugs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 01:55 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Best wires and plugs?

if you plan on running no2 and iridiums dont expect it to last long, but all its doing is giving a full burn to the fuel and the fuel itself can only create so much heat. Basically with your previous addition of the shorty and adding the plugs and wires you will be adding the full burn of the fuel thats being dropped in.

Old 04-08-2006, 12:46 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Well that makes sense! I feel like that was a really dumb question now! Also, is there really that much of a difference between getting hotwires or better plug wires such as NGK?

Old 04-08-2006, 02:39 AM

hot wires are special, they have a built in capacitor in each wire which allows for a full charged spark without the aid of an upgraded ignition coil or the like, do you need them? no, will it help some, yes, but so far im not sure if you will actually save gas by using iridiums and the hotwire....... it seems to be dumping in more fuel because of how well its getting burnt..... but i will know fully on my trip back home

Old 04-09-2006, 09:41 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Alright, i'll be anxiously waiting for your response!

Old 04-15-2006, 04:09 PM

use NGK PLUGS and dealer plug wires..........I read on the net and damn if i can find it again ,,that on dyno tests that no other brand of plug wires outperformed honda wires ..
I wish i could come across that site again so you all could read it

Old 04-15-2006, 10:22 PM

Well, i got about 25mpg on 14.6gallons which is far from its best so, im assuming somethings fouled up.... and i bet its directly related to having the tps off for that week. So I wouldnt go based on my trial run. oh, I was also running a set of bosch pat +4's for a year, I need to run some fuel injector cleaner maybe some other additives and try again....

Old 04-19-2006, 09:04 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Well I am def. going to go with the NGK plugs...I'll think on the wires though! Maybe I'll save up for Hotwires. Thanks marbo and deserthonda

Old 04-23-2006, 10:16 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Hey guys,
Went to Advance auto parts to check the price on the plugs and noticed the NGK platinums are about 3 bucks more than the NGK iridiums. So i'm assuming the platnims are better even though people have been recommending iridiums? Thanks!

Old 04-23-2006, 10:26 PM

well, theres two types of iridiums, the regular and the ix but i dont know how plat's would be more expensive, cause the most expensive ive seen has been iridiums

Old 04-24-2006, 12:19 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I was sort of confused too. The platniums were $10 for maybe they dont carry the ix iridiums...oh well, the autozone right next to it is almost ready to open! lol Maybe they'll have them Thanks Marbo

Quick Reply: Best wires and plugs?