Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Best wires and plugs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 04:38 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: Best wires and plugs?

Having better plugs and wires wont hurt the pistons will it? As is running lean or getting to hot. What do you guys think about Denso Iridiums, or are the NGK iridium ix's still better?

Old 04-26-2006, 06:06 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

i have heard a couple bad things about the denso plugs, but nothing bad about the ngk's so im not exactly sure, i dont have enough data on the both of them. i always recommend ngk though, just because thats the brand honda wants in their cars. better wires and plugs will not hurt your engine at all

Old 04-26-2006, 09:59 PM

I've been running Denso Iridiums with NGK Blues for about a year now and I have no regrets at all. Can't go wrong with either.

Old 04-27-2006, 12:49 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Thanks! Sorry I keep asking more questions....My dad is always worried b/c its our first import and hes used to working on the Mopar V8's from the muscle car era! I know I asked this already, but with my AEM shorty, Apexi WS2, OBX racing headers, plugs n wires, should I see an increase in MPG? Or will it be unnoticeable?

Old 04-27-2006, 02:07 AM

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97

Well I am def. going to go with the NGK plugs...I'll think on the wires though! Maybe I'll save up for Hotwires. Thanks marbo and deserthonda

DO NOT use any plug wires other than Honda factory wires,, it is the best money can buy for the hondas,,

Old 04-27-2006, 10:00 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Really? I've read that alot of people on here swear by NGK wires and plugs. Why wouldnt you recommend them?

Old 04-27-2006, 10:05 PM
Administrator

Now That's Classic....ie...keep it in the family...we ought to make that a sticky
WheelBrokerAng

ORIGINAL: sleep depervation

NGK wires with NGK plugs, do it like the south keep it in the family.[sm=joke.gif]

Old 04-29-2006, 02:23 PM

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97

Really? I've read that alot of people on here swear by NGK wires and plugs. Why wouldnt you recommend them?
It is that i would not reccomend them but i reccomend Honda factory wires over any others

they did a dyno test on a lot of plug wires, and Honda factory wires outperformed even the more expensive wires,, i found it on the net ,browsing around and for the life of me i have been trying to relocate it so i can post it here so people can read it , and i cannot remeber where i found it ,,it was an automotive article , darn it i cannot find it anywhere anymore ..

Old 04-29-2006, 05:40 PM

I wonder where the hot wires performed

Old 09-22-2006, 10:41 PM

so, the ngk iridiums i got were also a couple dollars cheaper than the laser platinums at advance. we compared them, and i just went with the iridium ix's which are awesome! had a guy do it from the store!

next project is to get honda wires, and then do the distributor cap and rotor!

Quick Reply: Best wires and plugs?