Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Big Problem need help!

Old 03-30-2007, 05:16 PM
Default RE: Big Problem need help!

If there is no check engine lights on it could be a few different things.... it may be as simple as cleaning out the throttle body, the temp sensor can also make it a little irradic....and I'm sure there are one or two other fairly easy things to check but I'm to hung over right now to remember what they are so I'll let someone else drop you an answer in a bit.... *L*

Old 03-30-2007, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator

Look for vacuum leaks.
Bleed air out from cooling system - bleed screw on thermostat housing.
Look again for vacuum leaks.

Search the DIY board here for 'FITV'
- fast-idle thermo valve is underneath throttlebody & the plunger inside can get loose & cause a surging idle.

Old 03-30-2007, 09:05 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: BIGGS01ES

Hey thanks, yeah ive been searching like a madman on this forum for anything on the subject...havnt had a whole lot of luck.
Really ?? MM all you got to do is head to our DIY section, there is a post titled ( SURGING IDLE ? ) Go chk it out

Old 04-02-2007, 06:41 PM

i have a friend who owns a prelude that would do the same thing... his timing belt ended being off and he replaced it and now it sounds like normal

Old 04-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

it is not the timing belt issue.......

remov ethe top cover of the fast idle valve, 3 phillip screws, get a regular screwdriver and turn in the inner valve ,, if it is ok or it still the idle surges.. than remove the top cover of the air boost valve and chk to see if the rubber diaphram leaks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Big Problem need help!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.