Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Big Problem need help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 05:00 PM
BIGGS01ES
Unregistered
Default RE: Big Problem need help!

ORIGINAL: deserthonda

it is not the timing belt issue.......

remov ethe top cover of the fast idle valve, 3 phillip screws, get a regular screwdriver and turn in the inner valve ,, if it is ok or it still the idle surges.. than remove the top cover of the air boost valve and chk to see if the rubber diaphram leaks
OK did this to the fast idle valve and the air boost valve, still surges. I started messing around and pulling wires off of sensors to see if it would change, the only sensor that made it stop surging was the one on the firewall side of the throttle body itself.....could this be my problem? I should note that when i pull this wire off of the sensor it doesnt surge but it idles at 2000 RPM. The idle screw is all the way in too.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:14 PM

I think that's an airflow sensor but I don't recall test procedures on it.... I'll try to remember to check my manual after lunch but if it was messed up it does make sense that you could get a surging idle.....

Old 04-03-2007, 05:41 PM
BIGGS01ES
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

I think that's an airflow sensor but I don't recall test procedures on it.... I'll try to remember to check my manual after lunch but if it was messed up it does make sense that you could get a surging idle.....
I have read about every post related to surging idle and have tried everything suggested, asside from a mysterious vacuum leak that im not finding, this sensor is the one thing i have not changed, i believe it is the TPS

Old 04-03-2007, 09:56 PM

does that TPS have a cover page? okay so it's not as funny the second time.... but anyway you could be right, I can't find it as a single piece on hondapartswarehouse.com so I'm not going to be much help....

Old 04-03-2007, 10:06 PM
BIGGS01ES
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

does that TPS have a cover page? okay so it's not as funny the second time.... but anyway you could be right, I can't find it as a single piece on hondapartswarehouse.com so I'm not going to be much help....
LOL...yeah well just for kicks i am going to the junkyard yet again to get parts. That sensor doesnt even bolt/screw on it is rivited on. This is very frustrating. Thanks for your effort, i appreciate it, james