Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Coolent Leak

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 09:47 AM
01HondaAccord
Unregistered
Default Coolent Leak

Ok, well again i'm new on this board so i'll let you guys know a little more about my car.....I drive a 2001 honda accord Ex with 78k on it...automatic transmission too btw.....Over these past few months i've had some things go wrong with the car.....First off back in March the frontwheel bearing/hub was replaced because it was moaning reallly really loud when i drovethe car and the extended warranty when we bought the car just expired like a month before too, then the car was in for an alignment and we also bought sll new tires for the car because the old ones were shot.....then 2 weeks ago the SRS light was staying on constantly and every now and then the side air bag light would come on but then when this light was staying on i took it to the dealer and luckily the problem was covered under an extended factory warrentyand it didn't cost me anything....So here's my question, Yesterday i went to fill my car up at the gas station and i was walking backto mycar after paying and i noticed a small puddle of coolentright in the front of my car...so i popped the hood and looked around by the air filter box and i noticed a small puddle of coolent that was there right below the battery.....what could this be?? I should also note that this car is my parents car....they bought it for my sister and i and we share it but she's in college so i use the car everyday....my dad has been talking about replacing this car because it's off warranty now and i'm worried that something else might go wrong because i'm the only one who uses it....on the second hand it's the only car we have that gets better than 20mpg lol so i want to keep it.....Overall my sister and I have put over 30k on this car because we bought it certified pre owned and this car has never left us stranded anywhere and we are both overall very very impressed by the realiablilty of this car.....even when things have gone wrong it wasn't anything significant to prevent us from using the car until we serviced it