Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Does the H23 TB/IM fit the f22 engines?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 04:16 PM

yes but if you use the h23 intake manifold and f22a1 water pipe, you will need the h23 thermostat housing. you might need the nonvtec timing belt as well. i believe they are different.

heck i have this exact setup waiting in my garage until im ready lol. im thinking n/a though. from what ive seen your distributor and power steering bracket will match right up. swap your sensors and egr over too!

Old 09-07-2010, 07:11 PM
Supper Moderator

yo clutch gonna get yourself a bisi header\? you know it's worth it
also what cam are you gonna use?

next moth I'm gonna go snag me a block either a f23 or f22 and then my frank will be gettin put 2geather. I think I’m gonna run the block stock and see how much I can get after boost. Then go back and snag another block and add the pistons and rods and the new valve train to the head since I really don’t have the cash to drop on the whole deal until next year. But I can still hit 300-350 or so I think I can live with that until I get my act 2geather.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Almost A Senior Member

To make things as simple as possible, here's the plan so far.

Go see if I can get the f22a6 head and ecu. Then install those. (Possibly a different belt, like said above)

THEN, I'll get the h23 tb/mani and h23 thermostat housing and install.

At that point I'll have the new tb/im and head on my car.

After that, I guess it wouldn't hurt to change the belts, plugs, possibly the plug wires (Maybe), filters, fluids, and check the hoses.

I need to check the compression, too. I'll do that next.

I'll feel somewhat accomplished when I reach that point. I'll figure out where I'm going from there once make it.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by g22cd5
yo clutch gonna get yourself a bisi header\? you know it's worth it
also what cam are you gonna use?

next moth I'm gonna go snag me a block either a f23 or f22 and then my frank will be gettin put 2geather. I think I’m gonna run the block stock and see how much I can get after boost. Then go back and snag another block and add the pistons and rods and the new valve train to the head since I really don’t have the cash to drop on the whole deal until next year. But I can still hit 300-350 or so I think I can live with that until I get my act 2geather.
not right now. im gonna run something cheap, stock manifold is best for me right now. im gonna grab a bisi stage 1 or 2 cam not sure yet though. i think a stage 1 will be enough for me but idk. a figure a little exhaust porting will do some good and the cam will help it flow more air. stock bottom for now. im considering picking up an f23 bottom though if i can get it cheap. a bump in compression and newer age. that or new pistons and rods.

your project sounds cool. i dont wanna deal with boost right now. too much upkeep and reliability concerns for me. this is a daily. i just want a little more power. good luck though. let me know how it goes for you.

Originally Posted by HondaAccordEX94
To make things as simple as possible, here's the plan so far.

Go see if I can get the f22a6 head and ecu. Then install those. (Possibly a different belt, like said above)

THEN, I'll get the h23 tb/mani and h23 thermostat housing and install.

At that point I'll have the new tb/im and head on my car.

After that, I guess it wouldn't hurt to change the belts, plugs, possibly the plug wires (Maybe), filters, fluids, and check the hoses.

I need to check the compression, too. I'll do that next.

I'll feel somewhat accomplished when I reach that point. I'll figure out where I'm going from there once make it.
it sounds like you got the right idea. just make sure you have everything when youre ready to start or you can hit some complications. any more questions just let us know.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:25 AM
Almost A Senior Member

If I put the f22a6 head on the b1 block, and use the h23 tb/im and thermo housing, will I need the water pipe from the a1? Or the a6?

Also, will it be as easy for me to get a turbo kit for the f22a? I noticed that there were tons out there for the f22b.

Last edited by HondaAccordEX94; 09-08-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:31 AM

I believe you can use either. also pick up the f22a6 IM if youre up to it. i have heard that its runners are shorter than the h23's. you might get a little more top end if you use its runners and the h23 plenum, but the h23 will do fine. if you do use the f22a6 runners your thermostat housing issues will be solved by simply using the f22a6 housing also. either way it works though. you might need to use some more hose here or zip tie some things together but it all works. also the h23 TB does not have a spot for the f22b2's MAP sensor. simply run a vacuum line from the top nipple on the TB to the bottom port of the MAP.

on the note of the turbo kit. with the f22a exhaust ports being even unlike the b2 head, you have more options. you can actually use a dsm, mitsubishi turbo kit from an old talon or eclipse. the manifold works with a little bit of modification.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:35 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Thanks for the tip. I may give that a shot then. It would probably be easier for me, and cheaper, to go ahead with the a6 t-housing, im, AND head.

Thanks for all of the info, guys. It's very helpful. I'm sure I'll be back with more questions, but I think I'm all set as of right now.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Almost A Senior Member

I assume that I need the f22a6 ecu for auto transmission and I'll need to get the one for 5spd when I get a 5spd transmission later on down the road?

Old 09-09-2010, 11:56 PM
Supper Moderator

No you always want to keep the auto trans and computer 2geather. They are mated 2geather. So the trans and computer you have now you keep don't change your TCU out. When you go 5speed you won’t use a TCU anymore. 5speed dosen't need a computer to run them since your the one who has to do all the shifting.

Old 09-10-2010, 01:32 AM
Almost A Senior Member

makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Quick Reply: Does the H23 TB/IM fit the f22 engines?