Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Easy horse Power

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 03:01 PM
Default RE: Easy horse Power

I was actually reading just now about the compression ratio and the displacement and it seems ideal for a turbo. i don't want to get into a motor swap just yet because it requires too much little stuff. If an h22 would be better for my car they would have put it in in thefirst place. I'm going to look around and see if i can gather new internals all around and peice together a turbo set and just rebuild the whole motor when i get everything. What do you think the max psi i could run on an f22 with aftermarket internals? I read the block could handle forged pistons, which is good. but what would be best for it? thanks for all the replies guys. Great help.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:36 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

f22 turbo site:https://www.hondaaccordforum.com

There's a lot of threads for this same subject that a lot of knowledgeable members have spent time listing the parts already. I can't hound you for not searching, since it isn't really possible at the moment, but look through the links above.

Old 05-30-2008, 05:01 PM

My friend, there is no such thing as cheap horsepower. Read, study, and find out where the best value is for the money spent. If you think there are inexpensive modifications that will yield large horsepower gains then you are classified with the rest of the teenyboppers in the USA. Raise yourself above them with knowledge.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:42 PM

just plaster it with part manufacturer stickers. seriously, i hear those stickers are worth a good 5hp each.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Flatline1121

If an h22 would be better for my car they would have put it in in thefirst place.
If a turbocharger were better for your carthey would have put it in in the firstplace...

Really, that's no argument for not fitting a different engine, nor for not turbocharging (or any form of forced induction, or engine modification).

The stock engine will be what Honda percieves as the best available unit for the percieved market demographic for the car. If a particular person wants a more powerful or 'sportier' engine than the lowest common denominator as Honda sees it, then the choices are huge, the most important thing being that any changes are done properly engineered and not bodged up...

Old 05-31-2008, 12:27 AM

What i'm finding is the f22 has more readily avaiable parts, and is cheaper to modifiy than getting a whole h22 and working on that. besides i could just boost the stock internals at around 8 psi and be fairly safe. but fairly safe isn't enough for me. i have been told i am the type of person that "if anything could happen, will happen" i don't want to work on the motor in it and the blow it up. plus it's more work to swap motors, as easy as it may be for some. I want to play with this. it's not a drag racing car. I am thinking now, about rebuilding the motor with better internals, then boosting it to about 10 or 12 psi, to push a fair bit of horsepower to the wheels. When i want to start swapping engines, i think i'll start with something other than my driver. i read that the f22 can handle forged pistons without sleeving so that is some work saved. i already have the motor, and it's in the car. save me money on a motor and anything i need to mount another motor. there may be more turbo accessories for an h22, but they are going to be more money than anything for an f22. like i said this is just a toy right now. (Still my baby) but when i want to build something high performance, its going to have a small block motor and a big a**. If time is money than i am pretty well off and if knowledge is key than you guys have helped me build already. oh and nanfango, how much hp did that security system get you? and what about racing stripes! that should be a BIG boost! Thanks guys

Old 05-31-2008, 04:11 AM

Swap or new internals, that block is coming out.

Old 05-31-2008, 07:56 AM

But there is no fabrication or extra guessing on outting a new engine in. If it was in there already and you take it out, it will be easier to put it back it right.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:21 PM

live2rice will tell you an H22 is a drop in motor, the only extra fabbing he did was rewiring the distributor. Once you get the engine torn down you then have the pleasurable experience of remember exactly where every bolt goes, whereas an H22 swap, if you play yours card right, is literally dropped in.

Old 05-31-2008, 10:08 PM

Well we will see. Money is more of the issue than remembering where bolts go. I also want to walk before i run. It is all open right now though so i think i'm going get the info i need then numbers both ways and see from there. Hopefully i will have a full garage and all the equipment i need and that would make it easier either way. If i commit to it i can rebuild my F22 in a weeks time of work. but i can also just get an H22 and build it on my time and then put it in. I know i would want forged pistons but i don't know if it is easy to sleeve an H22. but again how much do you think an H22 would be? and could i get a blown motor and build that?

Quick Reply: Easy horse Power