Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

engine swap questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 06:34 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Thumbs up engine swap questions

Hey guys,

I'm new to the site but not honda. I have civic and integra builds and projects I can post later.
Well i am just going to get into it. I am not as well versed in the Accord. The car is a 2002 coupe with the F23A with a standard tranny. I live in New York so i have to deal with emissions. I have already replaced the head gasket, and now two years later she blew again. I am not a huge fan of the motor so I refuse to rebuild it again.
With that said I heard a couple years ago that i could use the standard tranny off the F23A on an H22 or F20B, So if i were able to just get a complete long block and ecu would there be any concerns. Would the engine harness of either of those motors be compatible with the chassis harness. Would the stock fuel pump be able to meet the demands of a more stout motor. Would the F series motor mounts work on the H22 or F20B? The car is my girlfriends so it never see's much over 3k rpm so i am not to worried about the cv shafts and tranny they should hold up fine for a blast through the gears now and again. But my logic is if it has to come out why not improve it so anyone that can help or point me in the right direction would be great.
-bkzilla

Old 09-03-2013, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator

I think the H engines (in a Prelude) come with closer gearing that's more suited to higher RPM. Accord transmission with wider gear spacing wouldn't be as much fun.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:21 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Yeah I thought about that but it's not a project car or race car so that doesn't bother me too much . Still want good mileage. Just looking to live in the car up a little bit I figured 60 more horsepower with wouldn't hurt. The f23 is such a dog.
Would the f23b need different motor mounts.

Old 04-15-2016, 12:01 PM

i have a 97 accord ex with a 2.2l. i just but a f20b engine with a lsd transmission. would that work in my accord if so what new parts would i need can anyone help me