Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Fuel pump not running....

Old 06-25-2009, 07:46 PM
Default Fuel pump not running....

Hey guys, I've got a 94 accord 2dr that i just put a 97 engine in. Everything seems to be going swimmingly except for the fact that my fuel pump doesnt seem to be running. Note that The car ran and drove before the swap. It doesn't prime at all. When I turn the ignition on the check engine light stays on dim, not like bright like normally. Also, I can't use the jumper for check engine light code because of the CEL staying on dim. I've done some searching and i checked my fuses, relays, now I'm looking for the Main relay.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm thinking either the Main relay or the ECU....

Old 06-26-2009, 07:36 AM
Super Moderator

Are you using the OBD-2 ECU & wiring harness (from the '97) or using the OBD-1 stuff from your '94 car?

If you use the '94 ECU & harness, you probably have to swap some sensors from your old enigne. I think the IACV is different. I'm pretty sure the distributor & timing sensors are different.

Old 06-27-2009, 12:56 AM

Alright so i've got the fuel pump working and the lights in the dash all jolly good. And my mistake, the car ran fine with THIS engine, except for the head gasket being blown. It seems to be a ground problem. I looked in the manual and referred to the PGM-FI main relay. BTW if you read that one... i figured out that you look at from the BACK of the harness looking at the wires.

So after 1 hour of hitting my head over wiring and $50 later for a new Main relay i didn't need, I have to find G101 at the intake manifold?? Is this a ground specifically for the PGM-FI?? Because i didn't see one back there, even though everything is black. I hope I didn't rip it out on the swap... it's been 3 months since i put this engine in and i can't remember if there was one or not.

Old 06-27-2009, 01:12 AM

So happy yet sad at the same time... Car is running!!! G101 was tucked under where it couldn't be seen (Little S&*T). This be the wire that sits on the Intake Manifold right under the vacuum regulator and has 4 grounds going to it. My guess is that this grounds the entire PGM-FI sensors or circuit.

SO EXCITED to feel VTEC again!!!!