Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

help with engine swap!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 12:24 AM
accordrider4life
Unregistered
Default help with engine swap!!!!!

Hi people

I am just wondering if I anyone know. My friend has a 2004 accord v6 engine. He is trying to get a car to drop in. Would prelude be a good choice?? I know it won't be direct bolt on but just wondering what kind of mods we have to do to make it fit?? What about a 94-97 4 cylinder accord?? Please give any suggestion. We just trying to spend about $3000 the shell. Also if any of you guys have a car I might be interested let me know. Thanks people.

Old 02-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Default RE: help with engine swap!!!!!

Prelude would require some serious weight reduction, it's too heavy. I'd stick to accords, they're a little lighter. that would be my choice.

Old 02-05-2006, 07:01 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

dude your looking at an application specific engine there. there is going to be so much involved with getting that engine in there. if you do get a 94-97 get a v6 one because the front end was made a little different to fit the stock v6 in there. good luck

Old 02-05-2006, 07:03 PM

dude seriously i was thinking about it a little more. every control on that engine is different that how they did it in the old days. i think the throttle is electronic not cable anymore just to start with. and as far as computer your probably going to want to go with a stand alone engine management system. and i dont even know what your going to do about the TCU if its an auto

Old 02-06-2006, 12:59 AM
accordrider4life
Unregistered

Thanks for the info Lightsshow. What if I were to swap everything from the 2004 v6 accord to the older accord?? I mean get everything from 04 accord so pretty much I am just using 94-97 accord for the body??? Would it work?? WHat about 91-95 legend?? I am just trying to get the cheapest possible and looks ok too. YOu know?? Let me know. Thanks.

Old 02-06-2006, 02:11 AM

i mean yes it could be done. if you took the gas pedal assembly and all the electronics out that run a drive by wire throttle system it would work. make no mistake it can be done....im not saying i am a really good mechanic or anything but i have been working on all sorts of hondas for a long time and i dont think i could do it.

Old 02-06-2006, 08:19 PM

Check with Skunk2 for a throttle body for it that can use a cable They have them for the TSX and RSX but I don't know about the 03+ Accord V6. The hardest part will be making it fit and motor mounts. I saw a video of a 94 Civic sedan had a V6 Legend Type II motor in it and was rear wheel drive. If that can be done then this is possible. It is just a matter of money and time. Good luck.

Old 02-15-2006, 11:07 AM

Wow that's a hard one. Check out HONDASWAP.COM