Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

engine swap question

Old 01-18-2006, 04:18 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: engine swap question

now i have never actually driven an accord with a b18 in it, but i have always had the misconception, that the b18 just isnt a good motor to use in the accord because it just isnt torquey enough to get the car moving. it really is a dog below 3k rpm. let alone the fact that it doesnt bolt in very easily at all. im pretty sure that hasport does make a mount kit for that swap. the axles and hubs are different for the "teg" lol. they will have to be changed, so now the accord wheels wont fit. there may be other problems that you encounter. best advice is to stick with the f22 lkq will sell you a tranny for 450 or less, if you turbo that f22 youll be looking at some serious fun.

lightshow

Old 01-18-2006, 11:39 AM

The impression that I have is that you can swap a F-series into a B-series bay, but there aren't any mounts to swap the B-series into the F-series bay. I could be wrong, but most knowledgable people wouldn't want that. You'd be better off boosting the F-series (fairly cheap).

Old 01-25-2006, 08:38 AM

integra is a light weight car. accord is much heavier. i wouldn't recomend the swap even if it is possible. you'll never be able to get a lot of power out of it in the accord. my suggestion fix the accord's transmittion, i think it will cost you less then swapping the enginge.

Old 02-15-2006, 11:11 AM

I have a buddy who purchased one from the auction with the swap in it already and it ran pretty good you can check out
HONDASWAP.COM 4 MORE INFO